1: New House- New Start

(Summer's POV)

"Summer? Summer embers? Over here darling," a strong british accent called. I whipped my head around to see a middle aged woman, her hair tied in a neat bun on her head, obviously professionally done. Her make up was sophisticated and delicate. She wore a dress suit, she looked sharp and professional.

I grabbed my luggage and moved from the terminal, towards the lady standing under the arrival sign. A tall, built man stood beside her. He looked focused, he observed me as I observed him. Their relationship was quite easy to catch, he stood next to her but he didn't press himself up to her or hold her hand. Instead it looked as though they had a 30cm distance at all times. When he looked at her, his eyes were blank, he didn't show any signs of love or admiration, friendship, but as though he respected her.

I had lived my life hiding my true feelings. I learnt how to hide how I felt, i mastered my emotions. I considered myself an actor, i was a good one at it too. But with that I learnt how to read people, I became addicted to watching people's reactions, I could tell when someone was lying or when they were hiding something.

The lady outstretched her hand, "I'm Ms Carter, this is my bodyguard Sal" she smiled a big, genuine smile, showing off her pearly whites.

I shook her hand as she continued, "As you know you will be staying with us until the end of the school year, after graduation you are free to do as you wish." I nodded, this one was firm, strict but I could see she had a soft side as glancing to her wrist I could spot a bracelet that didn't match the rest, it was rusty and out of fashion yet she still wore it along with her pearls and diamonds. It must be from a loved one.

--------------------------

We slowly pulled into a drive way and i shuddered slightly. Mansion, no a castle stood before me. With its cliche drive way with the fountain and the princess style towers with pillars, but the windows were modern and the door was new, it must have been renovated lately. It reminded me of the family mansion. The place I grew up in. It's also the place that I wished I could escape from.

"Miss Embers, welcome to our home, Sal will direct you to your room, it will be across the hall from my son's room. He is also attending your school so I hope you too get along. Unfortunately you won't be meeting him today, he is staying at a friends house until school starts on Monday. Meet me down in the dining room when you are finished."

-------------------------

Saying my room was beautiful would be an understatement. It had a balcony with French doors, a king sized bed with an embedded header and a pearl white comforter. I peered into the walk in wardrobe and I scoffed. This family was probably just as much as mine. Wasting so much space on a wardrobe. Honestly Summer, why would you bring up such a horrible memory? Great, now i had to get rid of it.

The next door after the walk in wardrobe is an ensuite. It had a huge round mirror with a white marble sink. It had a shower, a bath and a spa. It even had a range of french shampoos and conditioners, body washes, cleansers and body butters! I looked at the brands and they were all French. Typical. The rich and French went very well together I'll tell you that.

Scanning the rest of my room, i had a large white tall boy and next to it was a bed side table. On the other of the bed was a matching bedside table. Across from the bed was a cabinet with antiques and a flat screen tv on top. I dont think they realised they were giving me a room full of such expensives things that probably won't even last until tomorrow. Yes. I've grown up my entire life with rich antiques yet I was still clumsy enough to break them all.

I walked to the balcony careful not to touch any of the antiques because of my butter fingers.

I gasped as I saw the most beautiful scenery of my life, my room was situated at the back of the house so I could see the pools, yes, pools as in plural, there were three, two round while one was a lap pool. Behind it was a forest, in front was a garden full of exotic flowers. I could just run away in it. Get rid of all the bad memories while swimming.

I decided to take a bath. So I turned around and walked back to the ensuite. I turned on the water to the spa and squirted a little of the body wash. A least I hoped it was a body wash. I can speak French but I can't read it. Totally A+.

After my shower I slipped into some silk pajamas. I only liked the expensive lingerie the rest I wasn't too picky about. Plus, who was going to see your pajamas?

I began to unpack my suitcase pulling out different pieces of clothing and sorting were I was going to put it. I really need to go shopping. Maybe I'll go tomorrow. I hope Sal will be able to take me. After I finished unpacking I drifted off to a very comfortable bed. I haven't slept in a comfortable bed since before I was locked out of the house and into the apartment. Great now I'm going to get a nightmare. Great going Summer.