17: We Will Be Face to Chest

WARNING: before you start asking questions, remember that what you read in this chapter is all part of my plan.

I also tried doing this chapter a little differently so tell me what you think.

Please don't hate me because I love you all. (Not edited, so don't laugh at the silly mistakes)

Chapter 17: We’ll Be Face to Chest

Summer's POV:

Have you ever had a day were everything was going perfect and you finally got to experience happiness. You're on top of the world and then you realise something and you just get depressed. You are just like 'oh' and it's like happiness is such a faraway place and all you can think about is that thing that just happened to ruin your day?

Well that's exactly what happened to me. I've spent the past 18 hours desperately trying to forget about what I had seen but like the little parasite that it was, it bit me square in the ass.

Okay, let's just take a little flashback. Let's say the second I read the words that changed my view on Evan completely.

*Flash Back*

With my free hand I began to take off my blind fold. I bent down to the bottom cabinet to look through the contents. Evan already knew my secret and I was way behind on the clue hunting so this was my perfect chance. Who know maybe he's on drugs? I left my hand above my head so that Evan wouldn't suspect anything and began to rummage through the garbage. It was just manly stuff; razors, mouth wash, scrubs. Nothing impressive.

I pulled my body up and decided to look through the top cabinet. My mouth dropped to see packets and packets of green pills. I grabbed a packet in my hand and I felt the coolness of the tin packaging on my bare skin. I turned the package and squinted my eyes so that I could read the fine print.

Nothing, not a single thing in this god forsaken world could prepare me for what I was about to read.

The edge of the tin foil was pressed deep into my skin and it threatened to slit my skin. I gripped the foil tightly and fought the urge to just scream. This couldn't be correct. I closed my eyes, squeezing my eyelids shut. I slowly fluttered them open and was greeted with the same words. Only one I cared about. The one that summed up everything. As though it was the piece of the puzzle that no one would get right.

The sound of the water stopping pulled me back into the cruel reality and I scrambled around as I threw the tin foil back into the cabinet. I threw the blind fold back on my face, obviously not very well as it began to slip down my nose.

Evan stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around his waist. I of course had my face turned but I could still hear the towel. After I was sure he was decent I whipped my head around and the scarf that was slipping down my nose flew around the room to expose my burning cheeks.

Evan smirked, "You know if you wanted to see me that badly, you should have just asked. We could have had a shower together."

It was as though everything I felt about Evan after seeing the tablets vanished. Instead of seeing a new side of Evan. I saw his true colours, a cocky bastard.

*End Of Flashback*

After the very... awkward shower, I forced myself to forget what I had read. If Evan didn't want to tell me the truth, then I wouldn't push it. He was kind enough to understand my secret so far, and how I didn't want to tell him about my dad, so in return I will respect his secret.

So you must be wondering, how it creeped its way into my mind. Let's start from the beginning of the day.

*Start Of Flashback*