9 // Texting & Singing

~~~ Chandler's POV ~~~

Being punched in the face was not something I thought would happen to me. Especially considering that Austin was the one who threw the punch. 

My parents got pretty pissed at me and they decided to ground me even though I didn't do anything. I only intimidated Austin ..... a little. I still had to go to school , but the second I came home I was stuck in my room unless I had to eat or go to the bathroom. I hid my phone under my mattress sheets so that they couldn't get it , I wanted to at least talk to Y/n. 

I got my phone out and texted Katelyn first to see if Y/n might actually reply. (This is slightly awkward every time I type Katelyn because my sister's name is Caitlyn lol) 

C :Hey, just wanted to know if you were at Y/n's. 

I waited for a response and Katelyn replied shortly after. 

 K :No, not today. Why? 

 C : I think you know why.... 

I regretted typing that sentence right away, I honestly didn't know why I even told Katelyn that I liked Y/n. 

 K : Oh , wait! Are you finally gonna tell her!? 

I sighed and looked up at the ceiling. I guess I had to tell her the truth. 

C : ....Yeah....

Katelyn's next message didn't have any words just a bunch of random emojis like the hearts and smiley faces. 

C : Lol, don't tell her though. 

That time , it took longer for Katelyn to respond. What could've been hard for her to say yes or no? 

K : Fine, but do it soon Riggs. It's very tempting for me to say something.... 

C : Okay! Jeez, I know how I am going to! Just give me a second to text her. 

I didn't know if telling Katelyn that I was going to tell Y/n my feelings was the best idea. Katelyn and Y/n were becoming best friends and I knew myself , that best friends can't keep secrets from each other. 

~~~ Katelyn's POV ~~~ 

I laughed at how awkward Chandler could be. 

"What are you looking at?" Y/n questioned trying to look over at my phone. 

"Nothing." I lied. I knew that telling Chandler that Y/n wasn't with me was a lie. But I knew that Chandler wouldn't say anything if I said she was. 

Y/n gave me a suspicious look like she knew that something was up. I didn't say anything and turned my phone off. We had Y/n's radio blaring Halsey's new CD, Into The Badlands. 

"Everything is blue , his pills, his hands, his jeans and now I'm covered in the colors pulled apart at the seams and it's bluuuuuuueeeee." We both sang. 

Y/n stood up from her bed and turned the radio off. "You know it's bugging me that you won't tell me what's going on. You were obviously smiling at your phone." she protested. 

"You'll find out eventually." I smirked. 

She groaned and then , I heard a buzz to my left and I realized that it was Y/n's phone vibrating. She dashed to it and looked at what it was. I could tell that she was blushing and my instinct told me who it was. 

"You know, I'll just plug my headphones in while you have fun. Let me know when you are done though." I chirped. 

She grinned in agreement as I plugged my skull candy headphones in listening to Cake By The Ocean. (I tried looking up her favorite song, but she said she has many so I just put a random one in.)