{ Chapter 7 }

Darrington's P.O.V...

I glanced shyly to my right, watching Dylan copy the notes down from the board I still couldn't believe that Dylan, MY Dylan was going to not only be staying at my house but go to my school for 4 whole months!

Dylan glanced over for a moment letting our eyes meet, I blushed embarrassed that she caught me staring, she then grinned brightly before continuing with her note taking.

I kept staring at her for a couple more seconds before getting out my own pencil and paper, and wrote down the notes in my own hasty and scratchy handwriting.

"Dare! Psst, Dare!"

I turned my head and looked up to Dylan she smiled and slid her notebook over to my side of the table, looking down I almost burst into laughter, on the paper was a cartoon drawing of the teacher who was about to be eaten by rabid gerbils.

The drawing was quite realistic right down to the blood and the gerbils saying things like "Ew! That tasted NASTY!", I couldn't help chuckle and say in a low voice with pseudo hope.

"If only it could happen."

Dylan whispered wistfully before flashing my a comical smile, I held in the laugh that so wanted to be freed and I nodded taking my pen and adding an out of whack afro on the teachers head, it added spunk to her mostly drab appearance.

"Ehem!"

We both froze in place as the sound of someone clearing their throat echoed and silenced the class room, looking up slowly Dylan and I our eyes landed on the teacher who had her brows furrowed and a thin impatient line set on her lips.

"What may I ask are you two doing?"

Dylan opened and closed her mouth trying to think of words to say, while I finally sat up and said to the teacher an eyebrow raised and a smirk upon my mouth.

"Oh nothing, just taking notes is all."

"Notes? Oh let me see about that!"

She grabbed the paper with the drawing on it and stared at it for maybe a minute or two, finally she placed it back down on the table top and said to the both of us her voice strained.

"Miss. Storm this is a warning since you are new here, but if you do not pay attention in my class you will get a detention, Mr. Black you are given a warning as well since I have no detention slips at hand."

As she turned away I muttered under my breath to Dylan, making sure she didn't overhear me.

"Cause you used them all up to wipe your butt you old hag."

Dylan burst into giggles muffling them with her hands, the teacher stopped in mid step then continued on with class her shoulders set rigidly.

3 hours of pure torture later from Science, Math, and Language Arts, the bell released us to lunch I dragged Dylan behind my as fast as my legs could take us, Dylan laughed as I almost tripped 3 times on the way to the lunch line.

I grabbed us a tray and picked a granola bar and pulled out the Monster from my hoodie pocket, and then waited for Dylan to pick anything edible from the school's "amazingly healthy" choices.

Either dried out meatloaf extra mystery meat, cheese hamburger with some kind of unknown smell, or a limp old leafy salad with one tomato on it and what seemed like... salad dressing?, oh how appetizing.

Dylan carefully scanned the disgusting food a scowl on her lips, then chose an apple and a coke, she followed me to the cash register I paid for both our "lunches" or just basically snacks.