Chapter Nine: Meeting Him, Again

November 1st, 1910, 12:30pm

The black door labeled 'Special Guest Entry Only' quickly opened after M. Richard knocked on it twice, standing before us was the butler, Gerard. "Ah, Monsieur's...and Margarita; your presence has been much anticipated, pray come inside." Gerard said slowly, his nose never turned down, he opened the door wide enough for the three of us to walk inside arm-in-arm (which is exactly what we did); the room was magnificent! White, marble floors, oaken couches and a large oaken table stood in the middle of the room, over a brightly colored tapestry; a black, marble fireplace that was as tall as I am stood, attached to the left wall. A silky, golden fabric covered the couch cushions (this fabric also served as curtains for great, floor-to-ceiling windows on the right wall) in the very back of the room there was a great, white, marble staircase with golden and silver designs and inlays.

The three of us were led to the hand-carved, oaken, couch where we were handed pure silver champagne glasses and in was poured Château de St.-Cosme,  a wine that was voted best (and most expensive) in the world. M. Richard and M. Barnabus gulped down their wine and happily asked for more, I only sipped on mine; sure it tasted sweet, but I am not a fanatic of wines or alcohol in general. "The Monsieur will be with your shortly, gentleman...madam" Gerard said slowly, he bowed to us, placing the wine on the table before us and leaving the room; I could barely hold myself together in the time that we waited, to actually meet that wonderful Opera Ghost? Oh, I nearly jumped out of my seat in excitement! M. Richard noticed my excitement, then his brows furrowed.

"Who do you think we are meeting here, Margarita?" Asked he, crossing his legs and lying back, resting on the couch as he shook his hand, making the wine slosh around in his glass. M. Barnabus remained sitting up, with me.

"The Opera Ghost, of course, who else would call for me?" I asked, then the managers gave each other a worried glance, I saw this glance and my brows furrowed as M. Richard's had only moments before.

"I would" A voice rang out, I quickly turned and saw Aaron Benjamin standing in a dark blue tuxedo on the staircase, his brunette hair was gelled back and his blue eyes sparkled with something I thought was malicious intent. The managers and I stood as the man walked down the rest of the staircase and joined us, shaking hands with the managers and just staring at me "Now, what's this about an Opera Ghost?" asked he, staring at me.

"Oh, Master Benjamin, I assure you it's nothing, a friend of the Margarita's....that's all" M. Richard said wrapping his arm around me and hugging me with a fake smile to Aaron, Aaron gave me a sly smile and then his eyes flashed down to my hand.

"I see you've been wedded...who is the luckiest man in the world?" Asked he taking up my hand and admiring the ring.

"She hasn't been wedded...that ring only fits her marriage finger" M. Richard said, again with a fake smile to Aaron.

"Ah, so the position is still open, wonderful, here...Elizabeth, let me give you the grand tour" Said Aaron, forcing my arm into his and dragging me away from the managers, I mouthed words of help to the managers, but they only shrugged and mouthed back words of 'sorry'. Aaron showed me all over his rooms, chatting about passed adventures, holidays to foreign countries, or mishaps in Paris; all of these stories fueled by inanimate objects in each room. "So, what do you think?" Asked he, bringing me back to the lobby room in which we started; the managers were gone, but Gerard reappeared, carrying biscuits and tea. 

"I think" I started as Gerard poured my tea into a cup and added two blocks of sugar "that you've been to a lot of places" Gerard now handed me my cup and I sipped from it. Aaron wore a smile and chuckled.