Chapter Twelve - Why? ♥

Chapter Twelve - Why? ♥ (25 votes for next chapter)

~Justin's P.O.V~

Walking into the house, I spot Emily sitting on the couch with her face covered in tears. She immediately wipes her cheeks and sniffles before acting like she's focused on the movie she's supposedly watching. "Where have you been?" She asks quietly, her voice slightly cracking.

"At the gym," I say, shutting the door. "Where's everyone?"

"Left. Don't know where." I nod at her and, feeling smelly, I rush down the stairs without speaking another word and strip down quickly before taking a brisk shower. I put new boxers and a pair of pants on my body and grab a simple t-shirt before marching back upstairs while pulling it down my torso. Catching Emily's eyes on me, I can't help but smirk. She quickly looks away and stares at the TV.

I sigh tiredly, knowing it's not the time to make jokes about my body and how badly she wants it, and walk into the kitchen to grab two glasses of milk. I pour in the liquid and make my way to the living room, placing the two glasses on the coffee table and sitting down on the other couch, away from Emily. She moves uncomfortably in her seat before grabbing the glass and gluing it to her lips. "Thanks."

I nod, doing the same thing. "So, how was your day so far?"

"It's been alright.. Binge watched several movies, nothing interesting enough to remember.." I nod at her answer and take another sip from my milk. A few moments pass, the tension in the air is thick between us as I try to think of another thing to say, but after I realize that anything else I'm gonna say is just gonna lead to another meaningless small talk, I sigh in frustration and cover my face, feeling really tired all of a sudden. I drop my hand down and put down my glass on the table as Emily stares at me in confusion. I stare at the screen next to me, trying to act like nothing is wrong, when she decides to change channels.

She flips through channels, not knowing what to pick when I grab my glass and finish it in one big gulp before walking up to the kitchen and washing it. "Justin." I hear her calling my name from the living room. My heart slowly picks up in anticipation as I walk up to her, but it quickly drops as I see what's shown on tv.

"I said," I watch quietly as I grab one of the cameras and almost smash it on the floor, looking scarily pissed, "Leave me alone!" The camera follows me until I disappear around a corner, the guy filming behind it shouting bad words at me.

"What's that?" I keep my stare straight as Emily looks up at me from the couch. I try to look expressionless as she stares at me but I know she can see how pissed and hurt I am. "Justin." She says my name once again, getting up and slowly approaching me.

"Why did you do it?" I ask, ignoring her question. She stops on her feet and stares at me, confused. "Why did you try to kill yourself?" Acknowledgment covers her face as she stares at me speechlessly. "Answer me." I grit my teeth, trying to hold the tears.

~Emily's P.O.V~

How do I even begin to tell Justin that I felt terrible, that I felt unwanted, that I felt like a burden, like nobody likes me? I felt like Justin hates me, like I deserve what happened to me. I feel ashamed just thinking about it, about what I've done. And after he saved me, I felt like he did it just so his name would stay clean, just so no one would wonder why the hell Justin Bieber's girlfriend tried to kill herself. So why did I do it? 'I wanted it all to end' would be the short answer.. The long answer would be a lot more honest, but I don't think Justin needs to hear this or the short version of it.. So I simply say, "I don't know.."

~Justin's P.O.V~

"I don't know.." She mumbles quietly, staring at me.

"You don't know why you tried to kill yourself? Why you drank those pills with that vodka? Why you tried to put an end to your life?" a tear rolls down my face and into my mouth. I ignore it as she lets a shaky breath out. "Do you know how frightened I was when I found you unconscious, your body so cold in my arms?!" She takes a step back as I shout my words, and looks down in shame. "Answer me!"