Chapter Two - Happy Birthday! ♥

"Happy birthday!" I jump into conscious, awaking as Pattie shouts those two words in my face. I blink severally, trying to focus my gaze, when I spot Jeremy, Scooter, Kenny, Ryan, Chaz, Erin, Pattie and the rest of the crew staring at me with happy smiles. I look down at what Pattie is holding and see a white cake with crumbles of oreo cookies scattered around the top and the sides. I stare at it a bit more until I realize the crumbles are shaped in forms of letters, and manage to read the words 'Happy 17th Birthday, Emily'.

"What are you waiting for?? Make a wish!" Erin squeals from the side. "And don't pretend you think of a wish and blow out the candles like you did last year." Ryan warns with a grin. I roll my eyes while smiling and close my eyelids

Making a wish is a pretty easy task for me right now, since the only thing I want the most is my baby to wake up.

Please make Justin wake up. Today, tomorrow, or even next month, but please don't let him die. I need him. We all need him.

I open my eyes and draw a deep breath, blowing out all of the candles in one puff before Pattie places the cake down on Justin's bed and gives me a really tight hug.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart! I can't believe you're 17 already!" She squeals while letting go. I smile, still confused from everything, and get pulled into more arms as each person in this room hugs me and congratulates me.

"Oh my god, the kid is finally 17!" Erin shouts jokingly as she pulls me into a hug. "Happy birthday, sis." I smile at her when she lets go. "I bought you a gift." I look at her in disbelief. How could she? She knows I hate when people spend money on me.

She holds her hand up to stop anything that is about to come out of my mouth. "I don't care what you're going to say, I bought you a gift and you're gonna like it and keep it. Wait, what am I saying? You're gonna love it and you'll never wanna throw it away!" I laugh. "I'll be right back." She says and walks to the other side of the room where her bag is.

I turn around to my left as I feel someone touching my arm. "Hey, honey." I smile at Pattie. "I wanted to tell you something before anyone else could beat me to it." "What is it?" I ask, prompting her. "Well," She begins, pulling me over to the couch on the other side of the room. "Don't be mad, but it's a gift." I sigh. Not another one. "From Justin." My eyes light up to the sound of my loved one's name.

Intrigued, I look expectantly at Pattie, waiting for her to continue. "Remember how when you were stuck in LA and Justin kept flying in and out?" How can I not remember? These were the most boring months in my entire life. I sigh and nod. "Well, some times when he flew out, he didn't go to do interviews or perform or such as. He actually came here to check houses. It took a few weeks but about two months before the incident, Justin found, and I'm quoting, 'the perfect house for the four of you'."

I blink, holding my breath. Did she just say Justin found a house for us?

"He said he was gonna buy it once he's off tour, and since he's obviously off tour, I took his credit card and paid the owners. I'm not gonna tell you how it looks like, but I will tell you it's a lake house." My eyes grow bigger. He actually listened whenever I rumbled about how much I want to live in a lake house when I grow up and become an independent adult? "I've seen the place and I have to agree with Justin. This house is perfect for the four of you."

The four of you... More like the three of you. A voice whispers through my mind.

No. He will wake up. He will. I know it. He's not gonna give up on his daughters, on me, on his life. Even unconsciously.