Chapter 4

(Uaithine POV)(3 Hours Later)

When I finally got home from school, I was greeted by my father and my little sister Lianna as she hugged me, " Hey there, my boy, how was your first day at the academy?" " Quite good for it being the first day, I suppose, I met some interesting people, so it isn't bad," I replied as I took off my jacket and my shoes, " Are they your friends' big brother?" I looked down at my sister and smiled while petting her hair, " Not sure just yet; maybe if I hang out with them more at the academy, then I'm sure they will be" "Well, that's good, my boy, go ahead and do any homework you might have, dinner will be ready in an hour or two" I nodded as I got my bag and went up to my room as my dad and Lianna went to the kitchen. I ended up deciding to keep Tomioka-Sensei's mission a secret for now, just to see what might happen until some kind of action takes place in town or any other area, I must say working on something big is quite extraordinary, yet I know if thinking about it too much it will get me nervous, I then looked up from my assignments to look at a photo of my whole family, including my mother, my mother had always took the long shots for goals in life and that made her quite successful in life and she is still being loved after all this time, it has been eight years sense my mother has passed away and I'm starting to think of her more, I guess I still miss her after all this time, " It's Good to take big opportunities, you always have to look and think on what you might achieve from it, and just then you can make a difference" My mother's words were always kind and gentle, sometimes she can be a bet wise as well but my family and everyone around her loved my mother for it, in fact because of her wisdom and way  of words she was the only one who encouraged me about trying to use my unexplained powers, which I have received right after turning seven a few days prior, I knew how I received the powers in a way, it was because I found a peculiar emerald color stone that was stuck in a crevice in the family room fireplace. My mother helped get the stone unstuck from its spot and gave it to me; not long after retrieving it, my mother took the stone to get it forged into a bracelet that I have on me this very day; I never left without it since it was a gift from her and when her passing came, I made double sure to not leave without it. While I was so deep in my thoughts, I noticed I was feeling the smooth stone with my thumb; I snapped myself from my daze and tried to look over my homework once more when I distinctly remember what Mr. Tomioka said " You have one week too master your powers, once you do head back here it will be the beginning of your mission and a new life"  I was thinking deeply about it, his words were still itched in my mind after all this time, " Maybe I should try-" "Big brother! Dinner is ready!" I checked on the time, and it was eight-thirty, maybe after dinner. After I got done with dinner, I washed myself up and went back to my room to finish what I had left of my assignments; once I had finished, I looked back at my clock to see it was now eleven o'clock," I believe I now have the time" I said to myself, I closed my school books and stood up to open my curtains and turned off the ceiling light and my lamp to replace it with the moonlight, I then sat on the middle of my bed as I started to meditate like how my mother and father taught me. I was thinking deep into my mind, also listening to my heartbeat and its pace; I was starting to feel a little dazed and a bit tired, until I had noticed something odd, all though my eyes were closed, I saw a green glow that was deep in my mind. It seemed faded until I quickly realized that the light was in front of my closed eyes; I opened my eyes slowly to see trees and vines covering my room out of nowhere with the green glow surrounding them. My eyes widened in shock, was I trying to make a forest in my room? But right then, I felt a sense of pride, knowing full well I am in control of this power, knowing that this power was mine alone. " You have one week to master your powers; once you do head back here, it will be the beginning of your mission and a new life" I then grinned as I gripped my shirt; for the first time, I was excited for what is about to come. A new path to look forward to, " Well, Mr. Tomioka-" I started to say while my little forest began to disappear"-Once I master all of my powers, I am going to enjoy this mission very much."

(no one's view)

As Uaithine got ready to go to bed, a figure outside of his house stared up at his bedroom, smiling like the stranger is filled with pride" Three down, Four more to go, so far they are doing well, and all of them are mastering their powers-" the figure said while turning around with the full moon shining on them " -they'll be more powerful than I will ever be combined, I must say they are one exciting bundle of kids, I surely can't wait to see them grow" Mr. Tomioka said as he walked away to see the next teen master their powers.

(Uaithine POV)                                                                                                                                                      

(The next day)

As I walked into the academy, I glanced around to see if the others were already here, curious if any of them had already gotten the hand of their powers yet; after all, we would be working together to solve this mission. After some more looking around, I didn't see any sign of the others until I saw a familiar Indigo haired girl picking up her books from the floor, she probably must've gotten pushed down by someone for she looked anxious, I walked up to her and kneeled to help her, making her look up in curiosity and shock, " O-Oh, You're one of the other guys from Mr. Tomioka's class, huh?" she spoke quietly, I nodded at her, "Indeed, say have you mastered your powers yet?" She then went wide-eyed and looked around frantically as I got the last of her papers until she spoke again, " How can you say that so casually? Someone could've heard you and spread it around!" I then gave her papers back while I helped her up " It's not a big issue unless you make it one, perhaps if one announces it to everyone that they have the ability, then no one would believe them, but if the person is secretive about their new abilities people will get suspicious, so it is best if we are casual, wouldn't you agree?" I asked her, which made her think deeply about it, " I suppose you have a point, it does make a lot of sense, I guess when you casually talk, no one will care to eavesdrop" " Exactly, so there is no need to be afraid about it, now shall I walk you to class?" I asked her as she shook her head, " I will be ok; thank you for the offer though, my class is just at the right once you enter the east wing so that I will be ok" " And if someone pushes you again?" I raised a brow at her as she seemed embarrassed, " I uh...sure yeah, I was pushed down" I then grinned at her reaction as I chuckled, " Hey, we should get to class, yeah we need to, see in you in during last period!" she then sped off as I shook my head and walked off to my class and started to talk to myself, " Take note, when on our mission, make sure she doesn't trip on her own two feet."