Books and Stories

"What do you mean you got into a fight with a wolf gang!" Anne yelled when Canis told her the news. One of the librarians wearing white robes put his finger to his mouth making a shushing noise. 

"When I let you got out into the city to explore I thought you two would make out, not get into a street fight," Anne continued. 

"Mum!" Canis retaliated. He could feel his ears and cheeks go a bright shade of pink.

"Where are they I tear them apart," Ferre said. 

"Passerie left them in a pretty bad shape as it was," Canis replied and both Ferre and Anne turned to Passerie as if asking it was true.

"Yeah I guess you could say that," Passerie said a little bashful.  

"Well, Ferre and I found this in the history section," Anne said obviously still annoyed with Canis's. The book was titled battles of the ages. Anne gently opened the book and started reading,

"Long ago a spirit named Vastator started a war against the Gente Animali. The leaders all came together asked an ancient spirit how to defeat him. He told them to take the form of their animals and each give him some of their DNA. Once he had all six. He took them to a forge, melted them into an iron blade and made a sword out of them. He told the leaders Pierce the heart of his host and he shall be no more than a formless ghost. A great battle took place a Vastator's fortress. The armies of the Gente Animali fought valiantly but their army was losing. Just when all seemed lost the mammal king struck a blow to Vastators heart and the evil spirit ran back into the shadows." Anne closed the book and they all sat there for a few minutes to ponder what they heard.

"So first we need the DNA of all the current rulers of the six tribes," said Anne pulling all of them out of their thoughts.

"Oh yeah," said Passerie sarcastically "let's just walk into the throne rooms of all the rulers and say hey do you mind if you take your animals forms so we can pluck out your fur, feathers, and scales.

"Thank you Passerie for that wonderful pearl of wisdom but let's not get too negative," said Anne, " next we will need a blacksmith who can melt the items down.

"Where are we going to find a blacksmith," said Canis adding to the things they are going to need. Ferre coughed and they all looked at him.

"I would like to consider myself as a blacksmith," said Ferre looking very proud of himself

"You are?" Canis and passerie said in union. Ferre's shoulders sagged and he frowned at them.

"I was one of the best blacksmiths in the town a few years back, my only rival was my best friend and we fought over the same girl. Until one day she chose him over me. I had to watch in the shadows in pain as they had a child discarded like an old shoe,"said Ferre being over dramatic.

"What a friend," said Canis rubbing Ferre shoulders.

"That friend was your father and I was the girl he was always chasing after,"  Anne told him bluntly Canis took a few seconds to process what his mother had just said then he punched Ferre on the shoulder.

"Watched in pain as they raised a child," Canis said indignantly as he scowled a Ferre. Passerie was banging her fist on the table, laughing herself histerical. At that one of the librarians told them to leave immediately and they all trudged out embarrassed but not before Passerie sneakily grabbed a book from a shelf.

"We need a hearing with the king so we can ask him for a strand of fur," said Canis.

"Then it's off to the palace of Mammifero," said Anne with a grin across her face.