Reasons

The days are starting to blur together. I've grown closer to Jasper on a number of levels. It's amazing to feel the way I do whenever I'm with him. I feel complete. It's perfect. The Cullens are getting used to the idea of Jasper and I instead of Jasper and Alice. I prefer it the first way, personally.

Speaking on the subject of Alice, she has not returned to the house for over two weeks now. We are discussing whether or not to go out looking for her. Some say she just needs time. Others say she may be in trouble. Still no search parties or being organized, but they are all keeping a close eye for the tiny freak while hunting.

What if she never comes home? I don't have a problem with it, but the Cullens seem to like her. Obviously Alice is a number one priority until she is located. Fun, fun, fun.

"You need to hunt." Jasper insists from our shared closet. He had just pulled on fashionable kakis and was reaching for a dark blue sweater. I hated to see him put them on, but it was time to start the day. The day meant clothes. I'm beginning to hate them.

"I know," I grumble, curling up in a tight ball on the black sofa. My throat has been burning nonstop since I decided to take the hunting slow. It feels like a fire has just engulfed my whole throat. ""But I want to see how long I can go without it. Carlisle said the longer I can go, the more control I'll have."

"I don't like to see you in pain." He made his way across the room in a second and was scooping my naked body into his arms. I found his lips easily. They sent purpose through my body. Finally, I released him.

"Fine," I glanced out at the rising sun in hatred. "I'll go with you. But next time I get to do what I want."

He grumbled beneath me, but otherwise stayed quiet. I jumped from his perfect arms and entered our huge, clustered closet. My clothing had to be moved to one section while the other was being occupied by Jasper's. It made the small room seem even smaller and less spacious than when I first had it. I untangled a white, long sleeved shirt from the mess of outfits. Then I grabbed a gray vest from the highest shelf. Finally, my eyes landed on a pair of super skinny black jeans. I dressed quickly in the chosen outfit and completed it with bright pink sneakers.

Jasper appraised me slowly. I wanted to squirm under the intense stare of his dark black eyes, but held still. Finally, he met my gaze and said, "I liked the other look better, love."

I smiled ruefully at him. "I liked yours, too."

"Shall we?" He held the door open for me, like any country gentle man would in the 1800s. A teasing smile lit up his whole face as he held the crook of his arm out to me in an old fashioned gesture.

I took his elbow gracefully. "It be my pleasure." My attempt at a southern drawl was pathetic compared to his perfect display, but he took it despite the pitiful sounding words. We descended the stairs slowly, not willing to part with our private world just yet. But the Cullens were already downstairs waiting for us as usual.

Jasper explained our hunting arrangements, which only made me more anxious to go. My throat was burning at the thought of sinking my teeth into some animal to quench this terrible thirst that plagues my body. Taking one look at me, the Cullens agreed animatedly and told us to go now. Jasper didn't waste time. He grasps my hand with his strong, pale ones and led me through the door quickly. I guess I do look the way I feel.

It took us less than a minute to find a perfect scent trail of a small heard of deer once we got further away from the house. I flew through the trees and found them across a large field grazing, unaware of what lay in the bushes behind them. All thought of anything left me cold, and I did not fight it. My feet were moving, my body crouched, and my mouth parted as I latched onto the largest deer's neck. I drank deeply, but needed yet another one...then another one to dull the fierce fire inside me. I took precaution and even drank a fourth deer before they all disappeared into the forest. Suddenly, I realized Jasper standing beside me with a content gleam in his eyes.