06 :: Tears

"Do you want bacon or ham?"

"Bacon,"

I leaned over the big freezer at the supermarket and grabbed two supersized packets of bacon, placing them into the cart that Taehyung was pushing before reading through our shopping list for the next item.

"Shit,"

"What?"

I asked as I turned to look at what Taehyung was looking at. Over at the cereal section was Ellie and Mark Charlton, flirtatiously fooling around. I watched as Taehyung tensed and pushed the cart faster, away from Ellie and Mark. Silent, I was only able to follow behind him.

He finally slowed down at the fresh vegetables section before coming to a stop altogether. He sighed and tried to keep his composure but I could tell it pained him. I could actually relate but I would never tell him that.

"You alright?"

He nodded but his eyebrows were still scrunched up. He flinched when I placed a hand on his shoulder as comfort.

"If you want to go and stay in the car,  it's aright, you know? I can finish our shopping alone. We only have about three items left,"

"It's alright. Three more items, right? We'll leave then. Besides, having you always do the grocery alone makes me guilty,"

I watched as he forced a smile onto his face before turning back to push the cart to the fruits section to pick up our weekly needed vitamins. Sighing, I scanned the list and went to grab the last remaining item before meeting him at the counter for check out.

~*~*~

"You okay? You've been out of it since just now,"

We just got back from lunch at Olive Garden and he seemed spaced out, tired and broken. My question was left unanswered so I took it as my cue to keep quiet and continue driving. It wasn't until when we got into our apartment and I started with our laundry did he say something.

"What am I lacking compared to him?"

I turned to stare at him, dropping the last of the laundry into the washing machine. He had tears sliding down his face as he stood there, shaking due to the tears falling from his eyes. I took the few steps to face him and patted his back. It was awkward and he was guy, I wasn't sure what he would think if I had comforted him like a girl, hugging him and muttering soothing words.

"What is it that he has and I don't that made Ellie leave? He was my friend, hyung. He was my friend and he stole her from me. Why?"

I don't know. I wanted to say. But I was too coward to do so. So I just stood there and patted his back while he had his head down and leaned onto my chest for support as he cried his heart out.