07 :: Warmth

It was a fine and lovely Saturday morning. The birds were chirping and the sun was shining. We had planned for a two-day trip to the Chessington World of Adventures Resort. We had booked a room and it was safe to say that the trip was to clear Taehyung's head. We had invited Luke, his girlfriend and his sister and her family. It was sort of like a family gathering since we were all really close friends.

We had arrived and checked into the resort. Taehyung and I had our backpacks and sunglasses and were heading out, following behind Luke and his family. Tasha, Luke's niece, kept on glancing at us and blushing beet red. When we first moved here and became friends with Luke, his 16-year old niece was celebrating her birthday. We were invited and ever since then, Tasha had developed a crush on both me and Taehyung.

She kept on flirting, trying to get Taehyung's attention, but he would either ignore her or give her one-word replies. This made me her next target. Since her parents had a free rein over her, she would occasionally brush her breasts on me on purpose when we were talking and 'accidentally' bump into me when she ran to join her siblings for a ride.

"Oppa~"

And that was my cue to leave. Since Taehyung was her next target if I wasn't around and he isn't in a state to be whined by another girl, I grabbed his arm and hurriedly ran towards the men's room. Stopping, I gasped for air while Taehyung backed the both of us into a stall. Hearing someone who had a foreign tongue call me oppa was weird, even more weird than the situation that I was currently in with Taehyung and I crammed in one stall. Sure, I was shorter and smaller compared to his built, but it still seemed awkward.

"Shh. Don't make a sound. You know she would come in here if she has to,"

I nodded and kept silent. Tasha was most definitely capable of entering a men's room if needed to. As I felt more calm and more comfortable at my current standing position, a shrill of a girl's voice entered my ears, threatening to burst my eardrums.

"Hoseok oppa~ Are you in here?"

My eyes widened as Taehyung leaned forward and hugged me tightly, enveloping me into his embrace, covering my mouth by pressing face to his chest in the process. If my face wasn't pressed to his chest, I'm pretty sure it's as red as a tomato.

"Oppa isn't in here? Guess I'll have to go to the food stall to look for him,"

I listen to footsteps leaving the men's room and disappearing before getting out of Taehyung's embrace. But as I was about to get out of it, he pulled me back in and I could hear him breathing in my ear. His lips brushed them and I internally gasped at the sudden contact from him.

"Wait a minute. You don't really think she's gone, do you?"

And with that said, footsteps returned and the sound of Tasha calling my name echoed through the 'empty' men's room. My heart was beating wildly and my head was spinning. Taehyung was actually holding me close. To an outsider's eye, I'm sure it would look gay and weird. But to me, it was the warmest feeling ever, even if he didn't know my feelings.

And then he let go. I turned away as soon as he did, missing the warmth of his embrace.

"We can go back now,"

I nodded and followed behind him, out of the stall and out of the men's room, heading towards Luke and his family (minus Tasha) at the food stall.