08 :: Tasha

It had been two days since that little heart-racing incident and I was awkward whenever Taehyung was in the room or anywhere near me. Sure, at first, we were still smiling and talking like nothing happened. But as time passed, reality hit me and I internally groaned at my own stupidity. Taehyung would never like me. He likes girls, not boys.

"Oppa~"

And there we go, a girl. A very annoying girl at that. Taehyung and I were given the job to babysit Tasha since she was grounded because of vandalism at school. Yes, wild student is definitely added to her biography. Luke's sister, Mia, wanted to teach Tasha a lesson and left her alone in London as she and the rest of her family went to visit their Nana at France. Luke was given the task of taking care of her but he had a date tonight with his girlfriend, so he begged the both of us to babysit her.

"Stop calling me that and get off,"

I watched from the kitchen as Taehyung tried to shrug off a clinging Tasha. He was trying to beat his all-time record in the video game, Call of Duty, but died in the game due to Tasha's constant whining and clinging. Shaking my head, I continued preparing dinner, which was salmon lasagna and mashed potatoes with special homemade gravy. It wasn't much preparation but still preparation nonetheless.

"Can we go shopping, Taetae? I need new nail varnish,"

"No. Now go and read or something. Don't you have homework?"

"I'm on probation, remember? No homework given until I'm back at school. Plus, I hate reading. Now, will you take me to the mall?"

"No. Go do something else and stop bothering me,"

"Please? Pretty please?"

I could tell Taehyung was getting frustrated and he wasn't one to always get frustrated. I was going to warn Tasha when Taehyung snapped and turned to glare at her. I watched as Tasha grew smaller under his gaze. Gone was her clingy, confident and whiny demeanor.

"If you bother me one more time, I will castrate you, put you into a container and ship you to your mother piece by piece everyday. Do you understand?"

Tasha nodded and left to scroll her phone at the other side of the living room. Boy, if the oven did not ding and the lasagna and potatoes were not ready, I would have laughed until my sides hurt. Taking both the lasagna and potatoes out, I left them on the cooling tray and prepared the plates and utensils on the table. I cut equal pieces from the lasagna and reminded myself to cut some for Luke before placing them onto the plate. Scooping some potatoes and the gravy onto the plate, dinner was ready to be served.

"Tasha, Taehyung, dinner's ready,"

"Finally,"

"Okay,"

I took off the apron and hung it on the wall next to the refrigerator. The two came in and washed their hands before sitting at the table. Taehyung took the seat opposite me while Tasha took the seat next to him. I hid my laugh with a cough as I watched Tasha awkwardly sitting beside Taehyung after the previous situation.

"Let's eat,"

Since I was the oldest among us three, I said a prayer and we started to dig in. Tasha looked as though she was in heaven from her first bite of the lasagna and I made a mental note to give Mia the recipe so she could bake the lasagna for Tasha. Telling Tasha that I made extras for her and Luke, I ignored the bumping of me and Taehyung's knees and continued my dinner.