.: Leader and Deputy Ceremony:.

When the old deputy dies, retires, or goes missing, is exiled or the leader leader dies and a new deputy is needed- the leader of the clan will have until moonhigh that day to pick a new one.  This isn't always the case, the leader may be ill or mentally or physically unstable during  the time it normally would occur.  The deputy must have the following trait: Has mentored at least one apprentice at some point in time. There is no need for a ceremony, as in some cases when the deputy is named while battling. - A Lost Soul

Leader: I say these words before StarClan, so that the spirits of our warrior ancestors/former deputy may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of ____Clan is ______.

When the old leader dies, retires, is exiled, or leaves the clan the deputy- or cat chosen by StarClan if no deputy is present- will travel to the MoonPool or MoonStone with the medicine cat during the full moon to get their title as leader of their clan, nine lives, and nine gifts. Eight cats normally of some importance to the new leader's life will give them a gift and a life to protect the clan and the last gift and life is given by the clan leader. During the ceremony 99% of the time the leader's suffix is changed to 'Star.
Notes:
If the leader losses any lives later on there will be a shadow of their dead life in StarClan.  

If a leader retires or leaves they must* return their lives and gifts to StarClan.

If the old leader doesn't return the lives StarClan cannot give the next leader their lives and gifts until the old leader dies or returns them.

Cats who break the warrior code will normally not be allowed to gift new leaders.

After the ceremony leaders aren't allowed to tell what they have seen.

Having nine lives doesn't mean the cat will live longer- they cannot survive major wounds such as getting ran over, sliced in half, old age, being eaten, burning alive etc. although this does beg the differ, what can leaders actually live through? The following is as follows:
- Poison
- Illness (not including Death Cough or forms of cancer)
- *Minor battle wounds
- Drowning
- Starving
- Bleeding
- Suffocating
- Falling
- Freezing
- Possibly struck by lightning

Deceased Cat: * Touches nose to the top of the new leader's head* With this life I give you (gift name) Use it well (use of gift).

Previous Leader: I hail you by your new name, _____star. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of ____Clan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity.