.:Hunting:.

"Greetings, I am Snakestar, leader of Lava Clan. You wish to learn how to hunt to feed your clan I see... Very well then, I shall show you how to hunt, and may Star Clan light your path."

Hunting Mice:

Ideal for hunting mice, moles, shrews, voles, and squirrels. First, like always you must first scent your prey. You can do so by opening your mouth and tasting the air, or sniffing the air. Turn if you must, if your up wind of the prey you can't smell them and in fact they can smell you instead. Once you have the scent, shift your weight from your legs to your body. That way they cannot feel your foot steps when your hunting. Make sure your down wind, they can't smell you that way. Sneak towards the prey, claws sheathed. Once your a leap away, lunge at it swiftly without jumping too high. Unsheathe your claws at the last second, pinning your prey down. Then swiftly bite its neck, and thank Star Clan for your catch.

Hunting Rabbits:

Ideal for hunting rabbits.  First, like always you must first scent your prey. You can do so by opening your mouth and tasting the air, or sniffing the air. Turn if you must, if your up wind of the prey you can't smell them and in fact they can smell you instead. Once you have the scent, shift your weight from your legs to your body. That way they cannot feel your foot steps when your hunting. Sneak towards your prey while down wind. Rabbits will hear you, and most likely run. The second your close enough to leap at the rabbit or if the rabbit runs, lunge at and tackle it. Once your rabbit is pinned down, bite its neck and Thank Star Clan for your catch. However, if the rabbit runs, chase after it. Try cutting it off by a landmark, tree, a rock, or a bush. Lunge at the rabbit, tackle it and pin it down, then swiftly bite its neck, and thank Star Clan for your catch.

Hunting Birds:

Ideal for hunting birds such as thrushes, magpies, robins, ravens, crows, jays, finches, gnat-catchers, woodpeckers, wood pigeons, chickadees, and doves.  First, like always you must first scent your prey. You can do so by opening your mouth and tasting the air, or sniffing the air. Turn if you must, if your up wind of the prey you can't smell them and in fact they can smell you instead. Once you have the scent, shift your weight from your legs to your body. That way they cannot feel your foot steps when your hunting. Birds can feel your movement from fox leaps away, so be very slow once you start to follow its scent. Unsheathed your claws before you leap, then lunge at the bird. Sink your claws into its wings, that way it can't fly away. Then swiftly bite its neck, then thank Star Clan for your catch. If it flies away, its gone. Birds in trees are close to impossible to hunt.

Hunting Rats:

Ideal for hunting rats. Rats will attack you when they smell or see you, no need to track them down. Once a rat attacks, sink your fangs into their neck. Thrash your head, then toss them away. The impact will kill them or weaken them. If the rat lives, repeat this attack.

Hunting Fish:

Ideal for hunting fish. Go to an unfrozen body of water such as a pond, river, or lake. Approach the body of water without your shadow hitting the water.  Once the fish doesn't see you and is a mouse lenght away, lash out a claw. That should send the fish up into the air and ashore. When the fish is on land, bite it and thank Star Clan for your catch.

Hunting Hawks and Falcons:

Ideal for hunting large birds. These birds are feared, yet some cats find ways to hunt them. One way is to stalk your prey (see Hunting Mice) however, don't catch it. Make sure its an open area (such as a clearing in the forest without trees above it casting a shadow, mountains, or fields) that way the bird your trying to hunt can see the mouse, vole, mole, shrew, small rabbit, etc. Once the bird swoops down, one cat can leap at it clawing its wings, and another can leap at it to end it. After that, thank Star Clan for your catch and that you weren't attacked by this monstrous bird! However, apprentices and smaller cats shouldn't try this; for the bird might try and take them!

"I hope this helped, may Star Clan light your path!"