"I might have had a few shots."

its been a while but a girl got school. I'm y'all im trying.

_________________

JUSTIN

"You should probably slow down there, Buddy," The bartender warned, drying a glasses quickly. I shot him a glare.

"Don't you get paid more if I drink more?" I slurred, tipping my glass towards him.

"I get paid to be here, not shove alcohol down your throat," he countered. "Why are you here anyway? Not many young, healthy men end up at the bar of a cheap Chinese place." I shrugged.

"My girlfriend of two years left me for my ex-girlfriend," I mumbled, downing the last of the dark brown substance. "This was her favorite restaurant."

"Try having your boyfriend leave you for your sister," he shot, starting to put glasses away. "We all have our scars, alcohol only reopens them."

"Says the bartender," I rolled my eyes.

"Just 'cause I sell it, doesn't mean I think its good," he explained. I sighed, accepting he was right.

"Then here," I said, tossing him a $50 bill. "Keep the change." I hopped off the barstool and started for the door.

"Wait," he called. "You forgot your cookie," he said, sliding a small cookie across the counter towards me. I mumbled a small thank you and opened it.

you will meet a very special person very soon; your lucky numbers are: 2-14-20-16.

"Huh," I mumbled. "Todays date." I threw out the tiny plastic wrapper, stumbling into a chair in the process. "I am, I'm so, so sorry, I'm sorry," I stuttered, making sure the chair was straight.

"It's fine," a small voice answered. I squinted and adjusted my sight to see the petite girl that occupied the chair I nearly knocked over.

She was beautiful. Her hair was very log and very curly. Her chocolate skin complimented her short, white, silk dress. Dainty gold jewelry covered her wrists, neck and ears. I must've looked lost, or sick as she looked concerned.

"Are you alright?" She spoke again, flashing me a small smile. I nodded.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm good," I reassured. "I was just thinking about this fortune I got," I smiled, handing her the crumpled up paper. She read it quickly then handed it back gingerly.

"Oh, well, you should go find your 'special person'," she encouraged, placing her hand on mine. I looked from her hand to her face. I shook my head.

"No, no! No. I thought tha- that person was you," I said. "See, the lucky numbers are the date and everything! Look," I said, pointing to the numbers. She smiled.

"That's very sweet and super cute but," my hopeful smile dropped. "You're drunk."

"I might have had a few shots."

She giggled again. "How about this," she started, reaching into her purse. She pulled out a pink, fizzy pen. "I'll give you my number. Text me when you don't have a keg worth of alcohol pumping through your veins," she proposed. I nodded. She slid me the napkin, her digits scribbled in large pink print across the middle.

"Thank you," I said, winking, attempting to walking away but failing, quickly stumbling and having to grab a table. The girl grabbed my arm. "Why don't I get you an Uber too?" I nodded again.

"Thank you, you're nice. And pretty. Prettier than my ex. And nicer. And shorter," I babbled.

She smiled largely and typed away on her phone. "Thank you, I try," she acknowledged. I rested my head on the table.

"Where's your date?" I asked, playing with the salt.

"Your guess is as good as mine," she joked. "I came to pick up some take out," she explained. "Your ride should be here in two minuets."

"How am I gonna pay you back," I asked, realizing she was about to pay my Uber.

"We can discuss that when your sober." I nodded once again. We sat in a comfortable silence as I tapped my fingers and she rolled her thumbs. Soon, her phone buzzed quietly. "That's your ride," she informed. I stood quickly, making sure I had the napkin.

"Thank you again. I was really 'fortunate' to have met you. Get it? 'Cause a fortune cookie?"

"I get it," she laughed. "And its no problem. Don't forget to text me," she quipped.

"Oh, I won't," I called.

"And watch for that chair," she warned.

"What cha-" then I was on the floor.

"That one," she giggled.

"Woah, beautiful and psychic, what a catch," I marveled. She smiled and sent me one last wave. I stumbled out of the restaurant toward my ride, drunk on Rum and love.