Chapter 19

Chapter 19.

Lucy’s POV.

“I am still surprised you hadn’t convinced your parents to let you stay home for the winter holidays, when you have the skills to convince me to watch The Notebook for 7 times. I mean seriously you need to go in politics, I bet you will convince anyone to vote for you,”

“No I will not, you just wanted to watch The Notebook all the 7 times, you just were too ashamed of recognizing that,” I saw how much he enjoyed watching it, and how he cried every seven times in the end, and then he is blaming me after. My mom made me a sign that the taxi is outside, and I have to hang up.

“I am going to miss you Evan,” I am really gonna miss him. After that dinner at my parents’ house, and some more successful dates we started to get along, and get attached to each other, acting like a normal couple. The way he says ‘baby’ .like the lamest thing in the world, isn’t annoying anymore. I like kissing his soft lips, and I love spending time with him. It would be a pleasure for me to stay home, and spend my winter holidays with him. But no, I am going with my family and Jake’s family.

Apparently our moms weren’t joking when they told us about their plans. Now we are going to the airport to go to my grandparents in Germany. I really wanted to go, trust me. But I am not close to Jake, and since the things between me and Evan got really good, we haven’t been communicating a lot. The past few weeks we barely exchanged a greeting or something. We could argue because of his noise, or something no-important, and that’s all.

“I am going to miss you too, even harder than you will do,” Evan said and I hang up. The taxi came. And I was seriously not in a good mood for the trip.

Because of this trip I am going to miss the winter ball and the New Year’s party, which is one of the biggest parties ever. It’s easy to tell that Jake wasn’t happy about it either, he put on his headphones, and had ‘leave-me-alone-you-are-ruining-my-life-and-reputation’ face. The New Year’s party has a different meaning for him, he sleeps with a girl and then with another one in the New Year. So we were the grumpy teenagers in our little company. The kids were really happy, cause Jules, Jake’s sister, and Joe, my brother got pretty close. They were playing all the cute little games, and holding hands without a care in the world I bet our parents are really happy, if they can’t marry us, they will definitely marry them.

 Poor kids…

Although my brother will be lucky, because looking at Jake and his family, Jules will definitely be magazine-cover material.

“Lucy, you go in a car with Jake, me and your dad will be in another one, and Elizabeth and Brandon are going to be in the third one,” yes my family couldn’t be compact and take only two cars. I hope our crazy families won’t play the cupid agency and won’t try to make me ‘get closer’ to Jake. I mean they easily can put mistletoes everywhere and make us kiss the hell out of each other.

After four months of dating, my family likes Jake more, and thinks he is better for me. And I know that they will definitely do something to make me realize the same thing as them. Little do they know that I know Jake the way he is, and not the fake little virgin he pretends to be in front of my parents.

Putting me in a car with Jake was the first step of their ‘winter cupid’ plan.

I took one of the headphones out of Jake’s ear, and put it in mine. Maybe I missed him a little, considering that we haven’t been talking, actually annoying each other, and I wanted to know what music he listens, and yeah, I know that this annoys him.