3) Connections...

~PAIGE'S P.O.V~

It's been two days since the whole full moon incident and I just don't feel the same. My sight is sharper. My movement is quicker and I'm even hearing things from a long distance. But the down fall is I keep hearing voices...that don't belong to anyone around me. I refuse to be scared of this. So when the announcement about the cross-country run this morning I was the first to sign up.

I laced up my old running shoes and felt someone or make that two someone's staring at me. I look behind me and see the twins Ethan and Aiden. One winks at me and I turn back around. A clamp my mouth shut as the growl tries to crawl out.

I take off as soon as the whistle sound. I breath and run. I hear the twins gaining and I run faster. Are they chasing me? I glance back and see one of them glaring at me. I run at full speed and turn the corner. After a few minutes I don't hear footsteps behind me. Or any for the matter of the fact. I stop and rest my hand on a tree.

My lungs were burning and I loved it. I should really do track this year. I felt something wet on my hand. I look and see blood. I back away from the tree and see a boy dead. "AHHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed and fell on my butt.

"Paige!" I hear my brother and he picks me up. "H...he's dead!" I point to the tree and more of the students gather around. Scott and Isaac had came over to us. "That's him isn't it?" Stiles whispered to Scott. The dead boys blood had filled the air and I covered my nose. I feel like I'm about to puke.

Dad had came with his team and he was moving students out of the way. "Hey get out of the way. Get this area cordoned off before they trample every piece of evident." His partner was ushering students away. "Back up! Everyone back!" She ordered. I walk off not wanting dad to see the blood on my hand. I don't want to deal with people dying again so I run as fast as I could to the girls locker room.

I finish cleaning up and quickly get dressed. "Paige..." I turn around and see no one there. "H..hello?" I hear a locker slam and I jump. That's it I'm out of here. I run out and head to my next class...

(TWO PERIODS LATER...)

I was taking notes for AP Spanish for the quiz that we have in a few days. The bell rang and I gathered all of my stuff. I make it to my locker and look around for Phoebe. It sucks that she has a different schedule this year.

I open my locker and put in what I need and a shadow covers me. I know who it is before they even speak. "Why are you near me?" I grip my book to keep calm. "Just came over to make peace with you and I wanted to see if you'd like to go out in a date tonight." I look right at Aiden as he leans on the locker next to me.

"Nope, I'm studying." He chuckles. "I can help you study." He says as he leans in. I put my hand on his chest to back him off. "So, you're an expert in AP Spanish?" He smirks and looks me in the eyes. "Well, maybe you could help me out tonight then?" I scoff. "No thanks and if my vision is correct I saw you talking to Lydia a few periods ago. I don't know about you but I don't feel like getting played by a pretty face this year." I slam my locker shut and walk off.

"Paige..." I hear the whisper again an my head begins to throb. I wince and drop my books. The room begins to shift and I close my eyes. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shout making everyone in the hall give me a strange look. I gather up my books and run into the girls room. I roll up my sleeve an see the tattoo shift. The patterns are now different. I need answers and I know exactly who can give them to me.

I ditch school and jog all the way to the pet clinic. I walk inside and Dr. Deaton comes out. "Paige, you got out of school early?" I shake my head. "No, but I need your help with something." I roll up my sleeve and show him my tattooed arm and hand. He gasps.