8) Hunt And Seek

~PAIGE'S P.O.V~

I can't focus on my problems right now, so as a good distraction the pack and I are helping dad with a case. About eight years ago a woman and her two daughters got in a car crash. Leaving behind a husband heartbroken because in his heart he believed that they were dead.

But dad has uncovered more evidence through a supernatural perspective proving that maybe the missing body of Malia wasn't just dragged off from her little sister and mother. Maybe just maybe she's still out there...

"She's a coyote werewolf? Is that even possible?" I whisper as Stiles, Scott and I walk to class. "Paige, I'm telling you the truth. The coyote werewolf was Malia. She's been like that for eight years." Meaning she's probably sixteen or seventeen years old now. "Alright so how can I be of service?"

Why am I doing this?

Stiles, Scott and I were running in the woods looking for Malia. I had ran right into Stiles and hit my head hard. "Ow! Watch where you're going!" I snapped at him. "You ran into me She wolf! Now get Scott I think I found something."

"So did I." Scott said as he ran over to us. Scott had ran over to us and motioned for us to follow him. We follow him to a den that had various little girl things inside. "Its a coyotes den."

"A werecoyote." Scott commented. Something told me not to go inside of the den and I looked behind me feeling someone watching me. I turn back around and bump into Scott. "I think I can track her now. With this." He holds up a little bear and I can't help but smell it. I turn back around and know it's Malia that's been watching me.

Before I could move I feel someone grab me. "Stiles-"

"I called dad. He's coming in a little bit." I nod but still feel Malia's presence...

Dad had checked out Malia's den along with his team and came over to us. "Are you sure it was her?" He asked Scott. "I saw her. I had looked her right in the eyes. And they glowed just like mine."

"It makes sense, dad." My brother had said to dad. I want to say something but what can I say? I sniffed her out and she's still close by? Dad doesn't even know about my eyes yet. Or what I am. "...But it wasn't a girl. It was four-legged coyote, right?"

"Well okay, dad. But that's besides the point. His daughter is still out there...just as a werecoyote." That sounded a lot better in my head not that I think about it.

"Okay but if it was a full moon when she changed while her mom is driving, then anything could've happened."

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shredding tearing things." My brother replied to Scott.

"Stiles is right, which is probably what caused the accident. Like think about it. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies..."

"Except for Malia, she blames herself, all right, ones off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." I love when my twin and I have the same thoughts in sink.

"Yeah, that makes a lot of sense..." Dad sighs. "...In a Chinese folktale." Clearly dad wasn't buying this. But I know Stiles, Scott and I have something coming together as in how Malia is a werecoyote.

"Look, this is...this is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone to hear about this. I especially don't want Mr.Tate hearing about this..." I peek over at Scott and notice he's spaced out. I touch his arm and he jumps a bit as of he forgot where he was. "You okay?" I ask. "Yeah, I'm fine really."