Ch. 15 - Birthday Presents

SJ’s P.O.V

My head was spinning. My arms were killing me. Wait, pain? So I was still alive? Ah shit, this wasn’t déjà vu or anything… why the fuck had I tired it this time?

Oh yeah, Kieran…

Shit shit shit.

I gave small groan, and tried to move my arms, but it hurt like hell.

‘SJ?’

I forced my eyes open and found two bands gathered round.

‘What the actual fuck…’ I muttered.

‘SJ!’ A set of arms curled round me and my upper body was lifted off the bed into a hug. Ashley cradled me against him, smoothing my hair down, whispering words of relief, more to himself than to me.

‘Ok… what the hell happened when I were asleep?’ I asked, confused.

‘Oh, nothing.’ Said Jake, trying to wipe a few tears from his face without me noticing.

‘Ok, and I can see a flying pixie.’ I said, not believing a word he had just said.

‘Nothing baby, nothing. We’re just glad to have you back with us.’ Ashley murmured. ‘And just in time.’

‘Huh? Why, what – oh.’ I then remembered. It was my birthday. The big 16.

‘Happy birthday SJ.’ Said Andy, smiling.

‘Yeah…’ I mumbled. I never actually thought I would ever make 16.

‘Open up.’ I was handed a bag, and inside it was full of wrapped objects. Plucking the first out, I looked at the tag.

‘To SJ, from Jeffree.”

I unwrapped the object, and gave a laugh – it was one of his snap-backs, that said ‘Killing It’ on the cap.

‘Thanks Jeffree.’ I said.

‘No problems – I thought it really seemed to scream ‘SJ’ at me.’ He said. ‘Happy 16th sweetie.’

I nodded, and then rummaged round in the bag, trying to grasp another one. My fingers closed round a large object. I pulled it out, and unwrapped it, and opened the rectangular package, and smiled.

‘Thank you Dahvie.’ I said, looking at the stunning sketching set and sketch book.

Next present was from Jayy. I opened his present and saw a golden sun pendant, hung on a sparkling chain.

‘Never forget you’re my little sunshine.’ Jayy said as I lifted it from the box and placed the pendant in my hand.

‘It’s beautiful.’ I whispered.

I rummaged round once more, and pulled out a large object.

‘Huh?’ I looked at the tag, and then at Ashley.

‘Open up,’ he said.

I opened it, and smiled – it was a Navy, exactly like his.

‘Thanks Daddy.’ I whispered.

He chuckled and placed it on my head.

My next present was from Jake. He smiled as I opened it, and I smiled with him. ‘Thank you!’ I said, looking at the converse – they had been hand painted by someone, and had the TARDIS on one and the Dr Who symbol on the other.

Three left and the next was from Andy. I unwrapped it delicately as it was something very thin, and grinned – it was five tickets to see Motionless In White.

‘Oh wow, thank you!’

That left two. I picked the next one, and saw it was from Jinxx.

‘I think mine is long over-due.’ He said as I unwrapped it, opening the necklace case.

‘Oh my god… Jinxx, this, this is, just, stunning. I-I don’t know what to say…’

‘Then don’t say a word.’

‘Oh god, I don’t deserve this…’

‘Never say that.’ Said Jinxx as I picked his present up out its box. ‘You are so worthy of all this, every single thing. Never say you’re not.’

‘But this… how much?’

‘Does it matter?’ asked Jinxx as I looked at it.

‘Punky Princess.’ I whispered, looking at the word as it hung on the silver chain, black gems adorning it.

That just left the one. I picked it up, and looked at it. A small box, from CC. I unwrapped it, to reveal that it was black velvet.

‘Huh?’ I opened it, and nearly dropped it.

‘CC…’ I looked to the drummer, who had hold of my hand, and was on one knee.

‘SJ Purdy… you, are the most beautiful girl that ever walked the earth. You make me happy when I am sad, and have stuck by my side always. You’ve loved me, and I love you, and I can’t imagine spending my life with anyone else. And so, I want to ask you, before you slip through my fingers… will you marry me?’

I looked at the ring, and then into his face.

‘Yes!’ I squealed.

His face broke into light, and he stood up and threw his arms round me, hugging me tightly. As he pulled away to place the ring on my finger, I leaned in and captured his lips. We broke apart, and smiled.

‘You do know what this means SJ.’ Andy suddenly said, exchanging evil smirks with Jinxx.

‘What?...’

‘You have to wear a dress.’

‘Oh dammit.’

***

A/N: Oh yes SJ, you have to wear a dress! Mwhahahaha!

Sorry for the wait guys, it's been stresseful of late. So much for summer holdiays and free time, I've been up to my eyes in Summer Work. But I wanted to get at least one update in before I go to France on the 16th, where I will have no internet connection! *sob*

Anyway, here's somthing to keep you going.

Hasta La Pasta!

~MidgetJaffaCake