Ch. 3 - Prom?!?! Sorry, when was that announced?!

S.J. p.o.v 

Ashley insisted on carrying me downstairs, something that I just learnt to go along with. When he reached downstairs, Jinxx was the only other one up, watching the kettle boil. He looked up at us entering, and smiled.

‘Hey Ash. Hey Princess.’ He said. ‘How you been?’

‘I’m fine. Just tired.’ I mumbled.

Jinxx stretched his arms, and then held them out.

‘Here, let me take her Ashley.’ He said.

Ashley almost reluctantly passed me over to Jinxx, who held me comfortably with one arm.

‘Jesus Princess, you’re a skeleton, who weighs a feather. We need to get some meat on you.’ He said softly, nuzzling his face into my messy hair.

He somehow managed to make his coffee, and walk over to the sofa, still holding me with one arm. He sat down, me nestled on his lap, him sipping the coffee as Andy and Jake ambling in, looking half asleep.

‘Morning all.’ Yawned Jake.

Andy however simply looked at me, and I had a suspicion he knew about my nightmare.

‘You alright SJ?’

I nodded. ‘I’m okay.’

Ashley was currently looking round for the cereal and a bowl so he could make me my breakfast.

‘Daddy, I can do it.’ I said, attempting to get of Jinxx’s lap, but during the coma, I seemed to have lost most of my strength, meaning Jinxx could restrain me with just one arm.

‘It’s okay sweetie, I’ll do it.’ Said Ashley, locating the Cocopops.

He made a great deal about making it, and came over, passing them to me.

‘There we go baby.’ He said softly, kissing my forehead.

‘Thanks daddy.’ I said. Ever since I come out of my coma, I had reverted to calling Ashley daddy, something I had done right at the beginning of him adopting me.

After finishing, Sammi, who had been over since I had returned home, helped me get upstairs to change.

‘Sammi, I can change myself!’ I whined. ‘I hate being such a burden.’

Sammi gave a laugh. ‘You are not. And you know all too well you can only just get up the stairs without falling over. And Ashley is just being protective. You and I both know how much you meant to him. He doesn’t want you getting anymore hurt than you already are.’

I rolled my eyes, fumbling with the laces on my boots. After changing, I made my way downstairs, clutching the railing tightly and sighed slightly at Ashley standing at the bottom of the stairs, ready to catch me if I fell.

‘I’m fine Daddy.’ I said, as I reached the bottom.

He chuckled softly, before picking me up again.

‘Look, I’m never gonna get any of my strength back if you lot all keep carrying me round.’ I said as he took me next door.

‘Come on Andy, we’re off shopping.’ Said Ashley.

Andy leapt to his feet, before running off to find his boots. The man got way too excited about shopping.

C.C’s p.o.v

I watched as Ashley put SJ in the car, along with Andy. They drove off and as soon as they were out of sight, I felt a tapping on my shoulder. It was Jinxx, holding up my jacket.