Settled

When we arrive at the motel, it is all of what I expected, and more. There is a motel indoor pool, and the beds were in great condition. For what motels are considered to be, it was great! The Williams family were staying in the room next door to ours. Across the street from the motel, were a few decorative buildings, strung with Christmas lights. One of the buildings being a post office. The building had a white finish, with brown wooden doors. The building next to that, was an ice cream parlor, called by the name of "I see ice cream". The place was painted blue, with white double doors. It had a small indoor lounge, where guests ate there ice cream. There were also a few tables outside, where people could eat as well. 

          I was still angry with Chloe for flipping out on me... I tried no to think about it, the fact that the girl of my dreams was pissed at me made my heart cold. I got my luggage out of our 2007 dodge caravan, and I plopped it on the bed. "Tyler, did you want to go to the mall tonight? I heard they have a great pizza place there." My mom asked me a question from outside. "Maybe, who else is going?"

"The Williams family, who else?"

          "Ugh."

          "Now what's wrong with the Williams family?"

          "Well, nothing, it's just that, I'm not to fond of them. I only really know their daughter, Chloe" 

          "Well that's to bad, because there going."

          "Ugh!"

          The fact that my mom wouldn't side with me made me mad. "When exactly are we going?" I ask her. "Probably around seven or so at night, why?" My mom sends another question back at me. "Well..." I look at the clock above the television, it reads Four O'clock. "I was thinking about trying out the ice cream at the ice cream shop. You know, the one across the street?" I explain myself to my mother. "Oh, okay. But be safe when you're crossing the road. The Chicago streets are dangerous. Even in the suburbs." We were staying at a motel around the south suburbs of Chicago. That's a good night though, because it is quiet enough for us to sleep at night. See, when you've lived in a quiet town almost all of your life, even the slightest, knock on the door can wake you up. When we do decide to see attractions, or go to the mall, for instance, we go into the roots of the city. About 20 minutes away from our motel. "I'll be careful mom!" I yell as I'm already walking crossed the parking lot. "Tyler! Wait!" My mom yells, just before I step onto the asphalt road. "Yea, mom?! What do you need!?" I ask, starting to walk back. "Can you bring Chloe? You know, the Williams' daughter?" 

          "Why?" I say, talking quieter now, because I'm now right in front of her.

          "Because, she looked like she was so bored on the way here, I think she could use some time off of her phone."

          "But she doesn't like me.. Mom, don't make me do this."

          "What is the worst thing that could happen? You'll be fine! Just take her!"

          "Fine, whatever mom" I walk over to the door of the Williams' room.

          *knock knock knock* "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Williams? Are you there? Oh who am I kidding, of corse they're there! Where else would they be? I think to myself in shame as I knock on the door. Mr. Williams answered the door. He looks like he's just waken up. He hadn't shaved his gray five o'clock shadow. "Yea, uhh, hello?.. Oh! Tyler! It's you! How's it been?" The old man acts as if I've been gone forever. "It's been good. I actually came here to ask you.. Um, would you minds, sir, if I took your daughter along with me to the ice cream parlor? Across the street?" I'm nervous that he'll think I'm asking to go out with his daughter. "Oh sure! Chloe! Tyler is here to see you!" The man yells, even though Chloe is right there. "Yea dad, I got it." Chloe says. I look at her, and give off a sort of smile. She looks at me, "hi.." She is still mad with me. She walks out, and we both start walking to the parlor.

          "I think I'm gonna get vanilla, what do you think?..... Chloe?" I look at her, and she is idol, facing her phone.

          "I'm getting chocolate"

          "Oh, that's good. I'll be paying." 

          "You don't have to pay, you know. You did buy us breakfast this morning"

          "I want to though"

          "Alright, go ahead"

          We step off of the parking lot, and onto the road. We walk across the asphalt, then go into the ice cream parlor. 

          "Welcome to I see Ice cream! How may I help you?" The cashier says. "Hi, um, can I get a vanilla ice cream cone?" I ask the man behind the counter. "Yes sir you can!" "And what do you want miss?" The man turns towards Chloe. "........ What? Oh yea! I'll take a chocolate ice cream cone with sprinkles." She points at the item on the menu. "Alright, your total is $5.99." The man says, as he presses buttons, adding the prices. I pull out my wallet, I'd gotten my allowance from my mom before I came here.

          "Thanks for this, I appreciate it" Chloe says. We step on to the road. On our way back fro the ice cream shoppe. As I step off of the asphalt,  I hear a scream. I turn around, and see Chloe, and a car, almost five feet away from her.

          (Hey guys and gals, I made a longer part today! Yay.

          If you liked this book, you might like some of my others, so check out my account, CoreyBush11! I have one other book, and I try to post as much as I can. You also might enjoy works by: @Justinnzabinski, @Enderxjustice, and @Alexussangter, so go check them out too! As always, a comment is much appreciated, if you liked this chapter, leave a vote, and if you want to stay in tune, be sure to follow! Anything is very VERY much appreciated, I love to talk to you guys, and get your feed back, so be sure that if you want to tell me something, or to talk, leave a comment or message me! And as always, -Bye)