Chapter 16 'He Kissed Her Again'

"Welcome, my daughter, my sister's sons, to the kingdom of EREBOR!" Thorin spoke. She let go of Kíli's hand, ran down, and hugged him. She hoped that the company would find a cure for his sickness soon.

He had them looking for it everywhere. The Arkenstone had not been found yet. At least, not that anyone knew of. But Bilbo had showed it to Altáriël. She had hugged the hobbit again, and thanked him for not revealing the beautiful stone to Thorin. She had told him that she feared that the precious gem would only make the sickness worse. She had also told him that he should inform Balin of his secret. The rest of the company was relieved to see Kíli, Fíli, Bofur and Altáriël again. They had cheered when Kíli and Altáriël had told them they were officially together. The dwarf had asked her to be his girlfriend last night. She had been showing him all the places she had seen on the first time she had been to Erebor. In the immensely large halls his question had echoed throughout the rooms. "Altáriël Alcarin, will you do me a huge pleasure and be my girlfriend?" Were his exact words. She remembered how she had made an inhuman sound, which kind of scared Kíli. But when her answer was yes, he smiled. And their newfound love was worth more than the gold in Erebor.
She was currently in the hall in which the throne stood. The dragon had clawed and slashed a part of the mighty chair away. And the place where the Arkenstone had been inlaid in the past was now an empty space. Altáriël remembered the beautiful stone back in the days. "It is here in these halls – I know it." Thorin spoke, he was gazing at the empty space in his throne. "We have searched and searched..." Dwalin was cut off; "And yet, it is still not FOUND!" Thorin half-yelled. Altáriël was starting to feel uneasy. She knew Thorin, she could predict almost every move he made, and she knew he was about to get angry. His behaviour had become even more predictable with the dragonsickness. "I will be off searching for the Arkenstone again, my Lord." She knew what the sickness did with Thror's mind, she knew how to act on this. Thorin nodded at her, and the dwarves looked in amazement. The girl truly was special for Thorin. Altáriël went to find Kíli, she needed to feel his lips on hers again. She needed him to tell her that her 'father' would get better. She wanted him to tell her that he loved her, and that he would never let her go. In the distance she heard Thorin yell "AM I NOT THE KING." And she started to run. Her happiness had faded away since last night. And she wanted it back.

"Ouch, please don't, AARGH." Legolas had been inspecting her cut. It was definitely not pleasant. When Enelya had gotten off of Ice, she had made a wrong move. At least she knew how Altáriël always felt when she accidentally opened up a wound again. The pair of elves had decided that this wound would need stitches. That's why she was yelling so much. Legolas hoped that no orc would hear his companion's screams and sounds of complaining. She was being quite a drama queen and she knew it. The needle pierced her flesh again, and the blonde screamed again. "In Durin's name! how long will this take?!" "You will need to endure 3 more, Enelya. Don't worry, I've seen you do this many times, I know how to do this." Legolas tried to calm her down. "I sure as hell hope so!" Legolas smiled, he had decided that he loved the new changes. Enelya relaxed when her prince was done stitching her up. She felt his fingers slide over her skin so smoothly, he was cleaning up the blood from her side. His hands went over her sides, and came to rest on her back. This was unexpected? He was sitting next to her, and she felt her heartbeat sped up as one of his hands left the bare skin of her back. Her eyes followed it until he gently cupped her chin. He turned her face to look at her, and leaned in. Enelya panicked, her crush, the prince of Mirkwood, was going to kiss her. As his lips touched hers, she melted into the kiss. It felt so right, like it did when Fíli had kissed her. She felt her heart break. Fíli. She stopped kissing Legolas, who continued. The poor elf was enjoying her lips on his. But it somehow did not feel the way he thought it would. When he noticed she had stopped kissing him, he knew that she was thinking about the blond dwarf. He leaned back to his original position, before he kissed her. "You are thinking about the dwarf." Enelya looked guilty, this was the moment where she truly was confused about her feelings. They were still a long way from Gundabad. And the girl knew all she wanted was to be alone right now. She rose from her position. "Legolas..." "No Enelya. I don't want to hear anything coming from your mouth right now." He looked so hurt she wanted to kiss him again. But his words made her back away. "I am going back to the mountain, I just need to think and be alone right now." She said, a tear slipped from the corner of her eye. She turned around and started to walk. Enelya didn't look back, and she ignored his pleas for her to stop. It was when she felt a hand on her arm she turned back to face him. His lips crashed on hers. An attempt to win her back. To make her choose for him. She kissed back this time until they both parted. "Enelya, stay.... You can never walk back to the mountain alone." Enelya shook her head. "You underestimate me, Fíli would never do that." She turned her back to Legolas again. This time he did not stop her. This time she walked away.