Hope

(Typos ahead hahaha)

They believed they could, so they did

"We made it this far Dennise, we shouldn't give up now. Kapit lang Den please." Even though unsure of her own words, Alyssa, without any second thoughts, pleaded to the woman in front of her.

Hindi naging madali para sa kanila na magtagal ng ilang taon. They had setbacks and arguments along the way but those things didn't change their decision and that is to remain with each other.

Problems had its way in interfering with their love story but they found a way out, not until they had to face a predicament they both knew was bound to happen. They had to choose between their relationship and their career.

"Aly, we both know that things would only get worse if we let our emotions take over us" Dennise, stubborn as she is, wanted to get things according to what she thinks is more practical.

"Den naman oh! Ngayon pa ba tayo susuko?" Alyssa felt weak knowing that she wont win in this argument no matter how hard she tries.

"Alyssa, please try to understand." Dennise, who was now on the verge of crying, tries her best to keep her composure.

"May magagawa pa ba ako Den? Just remember that I'll always love you okay? It wont change love, it wont." Alyssa said in defeat.

"Dont make this hard for us Aly"

Years passed and now Den finally fulfilled the promise she kept to herself. She is now known as Dra. Dennise, one of the best pediatrician in the city.

"Here's the prescription ma'am" Dennise said as she handed out a small white paper to the lady sitting across her. She turned to the little boy who was still crying. "Would a candy make you feel better kiddo?" Den asked with a bright smile.

"You'll give me a candy??!!" The boy beamed. Den nodded and handed out a small candy from her drawer.

"Salamat talaga doc ha." The lady said as she stood up and carried her son. "Don't worry about it ma'am" Den smiled.

Dennise watched as the two leave the room. Na realize niya na masaya na siya sa kung ano man ang meron siya ngayon. She couldn't ask for more.

"Next patient, doc" her receptionist called out from the other side of the room. After a while, a little girl barged into her room while crying her eyes out.

"What's the matter baby?" Concern was evident in her voice. She placed the little girl on her lap and started rubbing her back to soothe her. Dahil na rin sa trabaho niya ay naging malapit na siya sa mga bata, she came to love kids even more.

"I- I miss my m-mommyyy!!" The little girl whined as she started to cry once again.

Den placed her arms around the little girl and started planting small kisses on her forehead. "Shh.. Mommy is here na baby. Dont cry na"

"Such a cry baby. Tsk" Den faced the owner of the voice and smiled as soon as she took glimpse of the woman leaning against the door frame.

"Love.." She beamed.

Alyssa walked closer to them and wrapped the two in her tight embrace.

"Would you like to go home na sweetie?" Den asked her daughter who already stopped from crying.

"Ill just go get my bag outside mommy" she replied as she jumped off from her mother's lap and ran out of the room.

Den stood up and faced the woman she almost gave up on, her wife, Alyssa.

"Missed me?" She teasingly asked, poking the side of her wife.

Alyssa replied by wrapping her arms tightly around her wife's small figure and planting a long kiss on her forehead.

Dennise responded by hugging her wife back.

Hindi ko na talaga pakakawalan to.

"Doc Valdez, una na po ako!" Her receptionist bid from the other side of the room.

"Ingat Jane! Thanks for all you hardwork" Den replied.

"Doc Valdez? Hmm ang sarap naman pakinggan niyan hahaha" Dennise just slapped her wife's arm in reply. "Ikaw talaga baldo!"

Buti nalang pala at humirit pa si Alyssa noon. Akala ko talaga susukuan na niya ako, but thanks to her patience, I decided to fight for us.

Alyssa believed she could fix us, so she did.

We both believed we could make it, so we did.