Work

Scully's pov
I woke the next morning with my phone ringing on my drawer. I answer without even having to know that it was probably Mulder.

"Scully, where are you?"

"I'm home, Mulder, why?" I say somewhat confused on his concern.

"Uhhhh the case, you are supposed to be here right now. Just get those tiny legs moving and get the hell over here." He says with a laugh and we say our goodbyes.

"Shit, how could I forget, I never forget about work." I scramble and pace around my room trying to find my work clothes and files. Soon as I find them I run out the door as quickly as possible.

I open the door to the office to Mulder and me. "I am so sorry Mulder I must have been really tired yesterday for me to not wake up like that."

"You're fine Scully you're only an hour late." He says and chuckles.

A small groan comes out of my throat, fortunately it's barely audible. 'Damn you and your damn laugh, Mulder.'

"So, what's this case?"

"Well, some boy went missing the other day and-" I jump as Assistant Director Skinner slams the door open.

"No case today, guys, sorry."

"Why?" Mulder says slightly sad.

"Some officers at another bureau say they got it apparently."

"That's dumb, Scully and I are the X files, this is clearly a phenomenon case."

"Yeah, Mulder, but I can't do anything about it."

Mulder lets out a frustrated groan and he reminds me of a whining child and I think it's adorable. Skinner shuts the door after he says sorry again.

"Now what?" I ask him.

"Well, Scully I don't know." I see him thinking on what to do next and then I see a lightbulb. "Heyyy, Scully, let's go grab some food? Just you and me?"

"Like like a date, Mulder?" I stutter, not being able to hold in my excitement.

"Yeah sure why not?" He says and gives me a wink. I look away so he doesn't see the blush creep up my neck to my face.

We get up and he puts his hand on the small of my back as he maneuvers me out of the office, and it never felt so right.
________
SORRY AGAIN HAHAHA