Why

Mulder's POV
I woke up the next day feeling groggy, but I smile crept to my face as I remembered I got to hold Dana Scully in my arms and comfort her. Not that it's nice to have her crying, but I'm glad she opened up those tight walls of hers to let me in. I get ready for work and make my way to our FBI office in the basement.

I unlock our door and see that Scully hasn't been here yet. Weird. I decide to push the thought away as she might just be running late again. I don't blame her, she's had a rough week so far. An hour passes and still no sign of her. "Where are you, Scully?" I start to get anxious so I start to pace around the office and doing the usual throwing my pencils at the ceiling phase. "I can't take this anymore." I run out of the office and into the elevator. 'Skinner might know where she is.' I knock on his door.

"Mulder, what's up?" He asks me slightly confused.

"Uh, sir, did Scully call in sick?" I ask him eagerly waiting for an answer and hoping he would say yes.

"No, shouldn't she be downstairs with you?"

"No, she's not!"

"Maybe she forgot to call in. Why didn't you call her?" Smart, Fox. Why didn't you think of that.

"Uhhh, I didn't want to bother her." Nice.

"I think you should." I oblige and pick up my phone from my pocket and dial her number. Ring ring ring ring. No answer. Ring ring 'hey this is Dana, I'm unable to get to the phone right now. Please leave a message. Bye.'

"Shit." I put my phone away. "Maybe she's sleeping I'll wait another hour, then call again."

                                     *****

Scully's POV
It was dark. Cold. And crammed. I had woken up with a painful headache and my body was aching. 'Where am I?' My mouth couldn't open and I was only breathing out of my nose. There was duct tape, and my hands were tied behind me. I was bouncing up and down, side to side. 'Am I in a car?' I was starting to freak out. I was confused. Unable to remember what had happened to me. I think I was drugged, because I was beginning to dose off again. I didn't want to, but I couldn't help it. My eyelids were starting to get heavy so I let fatigue take over me and fell back asleep.

I woke up maybe two hours later from a car door slamming. Hard. I heard footsteps getting louder as the person approached me. The trunk door opened.

"Hello, Dana."

_________
Xoxo