Lunch

Mulder's pov
I open the passenger door for Scully and she thanks me. I'm taking her out to the nearest and nicest Panera. I can't wait to see the smile that forms on her face when she sees that I have taken her to her favorite place to have lunch.

"Where are we going, Mulder?" She asked me and stared me down with a confused expression on her face.

"You'll see." She smacked my arm playfully and let out a snicker.

"What the hell, Mulder! You don't have to surprise me!"

"Well, I want to." We laughed and the rest of the way there was filled with a comfortable silence. "Okay close your eyes!"

"Oh my god." She put her hands over her face and I could tell she was smiling under her hand. Oh that smile. How I could live for eternity happily just staring at her smiling.

I got out of the car and pulled Scully out and steered her so she wouldn't trip over anything. "Okay open!" She removed her hands from her face and her smile got even wider.

"Awe, Mulder, you're so sweet." She gave me a hug and my heart skipped a beat. She is the perfect size, her small figure completes my own. She pulls away and runs to the door of the building. I laugh and follow.

As we order and sit at the table with our food we talk for an hour before we have to get back to the office again. We walk towards the door I look behind me and I see Scully is talking to some guy who looks about 6'5" and 40 years old, but it looks like she is trying to get away from him and he is holding on to her arm and not letting her go. I feel the anger build up inside me as I rush over there just as Scully is released.

"C'mon Mulder." She grabs my arm as we run out the doors.

"Who was that, Scully?"

"My ex, don't worry about him, he's a little crazy."

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yes." I see the tears build up in her beautiful blue orbs and I reach over and swipe them away.

"Whatever's bothering you, I'm here." She reached over and touched my arm reassuringly.

"Thank you, Mulder." She gives me a small smile and I pull out of the parking lot. As I exit the lot I see the man staring out the window watching us leave.
_______
Changing it up a bit xoxo