Chapter 1

Val's POV

I got up for the last day of school. FINALLY SUMMER'S HERE!! I've been waiting for this day since September. I'm going to see... 5 Seconds of Summer!! The best way to start off the summer break!!

I shuffle out of bed and start to get ready. I go to my walk in closet and grab my black short shorts, my black Guns 'N' Roses tank top, and my black Vans. I walk out and get dressed and go to my makeup desk. I do my foundation and put on some natural coloured eyeshadows, mascara and some fake lashes. I take my hair out of its messy bun allowing it to fall to its naturally curly state. I grab my black iida backpack with all my pins and keychains, taking one last look in the mirror and made my way down the stairs.

I walk into the kitchen and my mom has already made breakfast, eggs and toast. Simply yet satisfying.

"Morning mom. How'd you sleep?" I ask her as I settle myself into one of the bar stools at out island table and start to devour my breakfast.

"I slept well. And you?" She asks as she gets my little brother, Derek's, plate ready for demolition. "It was okay. I'm just glad I have my last exam today. It's gonna be easy though. It's only Music and that is my best subject anyways." I say as I finish my toast."Well that should be fun. Just text or call me when you want me to pick you up." She says.

My brother walks in. He's 15."Morning Derek." I say and he just grabs his plate and walks upstairs to his room again. We'll that was rude.I finished my breakfast and headed for the door and started to walk to school. I only live about 5 blocks from the school so I have to walk.

I got to school and my best friend Charlotte was standing at the gate having a cigarette. I don't smoke but she does. "Hey Val." She says as she puts out the bud with her shoe. "Hey Charlotte." I say as we walk inside the school together. We get to our lockers and get out our pencils and notes from yesterdays review. Well I got out my notes, Charlotte just got her pencil. She doesn't really like to prepare for things. I walk to the music room and look through my notes and to ensure I don't forget anything.

Ring ring

Here goes nothing.

<After the exam>

Wow that was really easy!! And school is finally over!! Goodbye school, hello summer!! Well 5 Seconds of Summer!! I go to the main entrance and start walking home. No point in calling my mom when I live 5 blocks away.

As I trudge home, I put in my headphones to listen to 5 Seconds Of Summer. I walk half way home when I felt someone following me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood at attention. I hate being followed. And I hate the feeling of being followed. I quicken my pace, just a bit so I don't attract anyone's attention. I glance over my shoulder to see if anyone was behind me. Nobody was there. Strange. I could've sworn someone was... Nevermind. Must just be my imagination.

I finally got home and I went up to my room. I threw my bag on my floor by my bed and noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I look at my desk and notice something was on it. A note? From who?

'Can't wait to see you at the show in 3 days.'

What the fuck?? What show?? The 5 Seconds of Summer concert?? This is giving me the creeps. Like the major creeps. 'It's fine Val. It was probably Derek playing a prank on you. He knows you are going to the concert in three days.' I thought to myself. He did leave after me to go to school so that must be the only logical explanation. I rolled my eyes, crumpling the note up and throwing it in my garbage can. I walk downstairs and look to see if my mom was in her office. She wasn't. I guess she's at the store or something like that.