Chapter 22

Charlotte's POV (bet yeah never seen that coming)

I hate Luke. He ruined my life!! Made people think I'm dead, made my best friend leave her family. Made my family go through hell.

I seen Val in that hotel room in Toronto. I was gagged and tied up in the corner of the room, being kept invisible by Luke to make her think I'm dead.

He snuck me onto the plane to Australia as well. Now that was an uncomfortable journey. I was put in the over head compartments because I'm so small, I fit.

I've been in this room ever since. I could hear Val talking when she saw the freezer full of blood. The room I'm in is right outside that wall. But like Luke said, these walls are sound proof from the inside out, but not the outside in. I could hear the whole conversation between Val and Luke. How she told him she hated him, I was quit happy about that. Because now, she won't want to be his mate.

Luke always come down about once a week to bring me blood and once a day to bring me food. The food is usually some bread and water or some ceriel if he's feeling generous, but that's hardly ever.

I hate it down here. I just wish someone knew about this room... I'm all alone down here. No one is in the other rooms... that I know of at least.

I get up after I feel my eyes go back to normal. I look through the window and look around. Nothing. Not one thing.

Then I see movement in the room across from me. That poor soul. They must have been down here a lot longer than me.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I ask. Nothing. I guess I'm seeing things. Then I see movement again. I definitely think someone or something is down here with me.

"Hello?" I hear a response.

"What's your name?" I ask trying to make conversation with the black dreaded haired girl.

"Rena. What's yours?" The voice asked back.

"Charlotte. How long have you been down here?"

"About 5 years..." She trails.

"5 years! Oh you poor girl! Do you have any family?" I ask her sympathetically.

"Yeah. I have an older sister. Her name is Nia. I was actually in a band before I was brought down here. We were called Cherri Bomb but we changed it to Hey Violet." She told me.

"I've actually heard of Cherri Bomb. I love your music." I tell her with a smile.

"Thanks." She smiled weakly. I see her move in discomfort for about 2 seconds.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just my power. It's very irritating."

"What is your power?" I ask.

"I can shape shift into anything or anyone. Well anything with a heart beat. Sometimes I like to shift into my sister and look in the window at my reflection and it feels like I'm looking at her. I miss her so much..." then she starts to sniffle.

"Hey, hey. It's okay. I have a friend upstairs. She is really smart. She'll find us, this room and the door to this room. I know she can." I say to try and comfort her and make her stop crying. 

"You really think so?" She asks.

"I know so."

Val's POV

I feel myself waking up but I feel a very muscular body next to me. I open my eyes to see Calum's beautiful face. He was sleeping so I tried to move his arm off of me because I was dying of heat and I was thirsty.