Chapter 23

Calum's POV

The taste of Val still lingers in my lips. The sweetness of her blood, but there's something different about it. It tastes like human blood, but also something else. I'm not sure what but it's something different. Something not human.

As we lay down, I stroke her hair to help her fall asleep. As soon as she is passed out, I feel her stir.

"No... no... I'm not like you... I'm human... not... vampire..." then she woke up. 

"AAAHHH!!!!" SHE SCREAMS.

"Val! Val! It's okay! You're safe! You're with me." I say trying to calm her.

"It was Francesca... she... she said that I was a vampire... but I'm not... I'm a human... I know I am..." Val says crying into my chest. Why would Francesca be in her dreams... who has the power to to that? I've never met a vampire who can do that.

"Do you wanna go downstairs?" I ask her.

"No. I just wanna go back to bed." She said, laying back down.

"Okay. I'm going to get some blood. I'll be right back." I tell her. She nods and lays back down onto the pillow.

I get up and walk out. I walk towards Ashtons room. I knock on the door.

"Come in Calum." I hear Ashton say.

"Hey. Can I ask you something?"

"You want me to read Val's thoughts don't you?" He ask me. I nod in shame.

"Yeah. She had a bad dream and I wanna know more... but I don't like doing this... she just feels so scared and upset. Please help me Ash. Your my only hope." I ask sitting on his bed.

"Fine. I'll do it right now." He says.

"Thank you so much. I'm going to get some blood. Want some?" I ask, heading towards the door.

"Sure. A- please." I nod and head out the door towards the basement.

Ashton's POV

I really hate doing this but I have to make sure Val is okay. I close my eye to constraint more and focus on Val's thoughts.

<Val's thoughts>

I don't understand! I'm not a vampire! I'm human! But why did Calum's blood taste so good than! Am I going crazy! I just don't know what to do...

Wait WHAT!! Calum let her drink his blood! He knows what that does to her. But if they exchanged blood, it's not gonna be good...

You are probably wondering what will happen if they exchanged blood. Well let's just say that Val has some of Calum's powers now... she can feel people emotions but only if the blood is in her system. Vampire blood usually stays in a human body for about 3 days so Val will be feeling people emotions for 3 days.

I keep listening.

But what if it is true? What if I am a vampire! Or will soon be one! I don't wanna be a vampire... I love being human...

As I keep listening to her thoughts, I hear Calum come in. He tosses me my bag of blood. I open it and drink.

"She what was she thinking about?" Calum asked in concern.

"She thunk she's a vampire. Or will soon be one. Cal, she doesn't want to be one of us..." I say fading away into my own thoughts.

"Oh..." He trails into his thoughts to, which I stay put of.

"We just better hope the cure works then." I say. Calum nods in agreement.

We sit in silence and drink our blood until it was all gone. We through the bags in the trash and I see Calum heading to the door.

I can't believe she doesn't wanna be with me forever...

We're the last thoughts I heard before Calum cut me out. Poor Cal...

Val's POV

I hear the door start to open a I look over my shoulder and see Calum walking in. I see him give me a light smile. I return with the same action.

"You okay?" I asked him, as he looked sad and puzzled.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just tired. Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." I say. Then this wave of sadness washes over me. But it's not my sadness. It's Calum's.

Why can I feel his emotions!!

"Calum. Why can I feel your emotions...?" I ask him, scared out if my mind.

"It's okay Val. It's only because we have my blood in your system and I have yours. It will go away in about 3 days. So you will be just like me for a while." He tells me, sitting on the bed.

"Oh. Okay. Would this happen if I drank blood from the other guys and they drank from me?" He nods in response.

"It's have an idea."

Hey guys!!

I know it's been a while and this is a pretty shitty chapter but I needed a transition chapter. You'll see why in a bit.

But thank you so much. This book now has 3.33k reads last time I checked and that'd pretty good. And I really want this book to get big, so please please please share it with your friends. It would really mean a lot.

So in the mean time... follow me on...

Twitter - @AbbySchonnop
Instagram - @5sos_chick_512
Spotify - @5sosmde12
Musical'ly - @abbyschonnop1
YouTube - @CatherineSchonnop

And follow Project Hi Or Hey on Wattpad, Twitter, Instagram, and  Tumbler - projecthiorhey

And follow my band on...

Instagram - @justaminuteofficalband
YouTube - @JustAMinute

Love you guys!!

Abby xox