Chapter 3

~December~

I stood up and walked forwards with my hands out in front of me,careful not to knock into anything. I walked until i hit what i figured was the door. I started to feel around on the door and found the doorknob. I twisted it to find out it was locked. I groaned and sat down infront of the door,not even bothering to beat on it.

I sat in the darkness waiting for him to come back,but after what felt like 3 hours i thought about something,my phone! pulled it out of my pocket and turned it on to unlock it, went to the home screen and turned on the flashlight app. I shined it on the wall to look for the light switch, found it and flicked the switch. I turned off the flashlight on my phone and looked around the room.

It was actually quite small compared to what I thought it would be.it had a queen size bed with white comforter on it, at the end of the bed was a large size chest which was closed. I walked over to it and opened it, nothing. I put my phone in my pocket and walked over to the top of the bed. I grabbed two pillows and walked over to the chest, putting them inside.

I walked back to the top of the bed and pulled off the top cover, revealing the comforter. I took the comforter and walked back to the chest, putting half of the blanket it, half of it out. I walked over to the bed and blanket and made it back to the way it was. (If you don't understand what I'm doing, I'm going to hide in the chest until morning to see what he does. If he walks into the room and carelessly leaves the door open, I can hop out of the chest and run out the door. See? Not that stupid!)

I sat in the chest and pulled the sheet in, covering me, and closing the chest. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to my music, I Can't sleep without it and its my stress killer. I turned on my favorite song, " I wont give up" by Jason Maraz. I just need to stay calm for now. Stay very, very, calm! I heard the door open and I turned down my music all the way so who ever it was wouldn't know it was in the chest.

They walked into the room and threw something, pretty heavy i'm guessing from the sound of it falling, onto the floor, and then leaving. I cracked open the chest and saw a girl on the ground with her back facing me, hair sprawled out all over the floor, breathing slowly.

I walked over to the limp girl's front and looked at her face. "Oh my god.." I said in a low whisper recognizing the face on the now captured girl.

I backed away form her and walked around her non- moving but breathing body, and layed down on the bed face up. That girl, the now captured girl, was Lexie.