Chapter five

"Wow! You are beautiful" I said admiring her. She frowned,
"I can't wear this"
"why not?"
"Because of this" she said and turned her back... It was low cut.
"Oookay... but its not really bad" i said, trying to sound as convincing as i could..
" Are we going somewhere from here" she asked looking at the dress.
"yeah, i already called to reserve a table for us at my favorite restaurant- Bucketts.... You've ever heard of it?"
"Yup, but i've never being there"
"then what are we waiting for, shall we?" i said and slid her slender arm into mine and walked her to my car.
The celebration was boring since i couldn't really surprise her with a little money showoff. After eating, a small chocolate cake was brought with baby pink heart decorated on it. Now she was shocked.. what could have being so shocking about the cake...
"Please pack the cake for us" she said to the server. " Come with me, there's somewhere i want to show you" she said as she stood up. I got the cake, paid the bills and took her back to pascal's to change. She was back on the cute pink gown she wore to school and asked drive.
Damn!! She drives like a maniac!
She stopped below a low hill and called excitedly at me to follow as she half ran up. I followed and soon we stopped in front of a garden filled with different flowers... Daisies, sunflower, rose, hibiscus etc . She ran into the garden and beautiful butterflies flew as she spinned happily. I walked over to her,
"Where is this?"
"My garden"
"Like yours? I mean you planted all these flowers"
"Yup"
"Woaw!! This is beautiful!! But more beautiful is the owner" i said and looked over to her now lying on the grass looking at the sky smiling and breathing in clean, fresh air, she didn't flinch or get shy about what i just said... Probably she's one of those kids whose parents has always called them beautiful and had gotten used to it.
I walked over and laid down beside her, " i said you are beautiful why don't you feel shy about it"
"That is because you are stating
the obvious"
"Wow! I admire your pride in that"
"All humans are fearfully, beautifully and wonderfully made by God"
"Ah..... Is that so?"
"Yes" she said as she turned her face to look at me
Dum dum... My heart drummed into my ears as we gazed at each other.
Something about the look in her eyes reminded me of 'her'.They had the same honey brown innocent eyes that looks really cute when 'she' was confused...
"What are you thinking about?" she said breaking into my thoughts. "Nothing.... I just remembered someone"
"Who?"
"My girlfriend" i blurted without thinking..... realizing what i just said and looked at her for any reaction... her face was still the same, she shrugged and faced the bright blue sky again.
"Tell me about her" she said noting the sadness apparent on my face when my mind drifted away.
"Nah... there's nothing much to talk about"
"Why? Did you guys breakup and it left a scar in your heart or something like that?"
"No, i just feel guilty leaving her... I was too selfish!!!.."
"Woa.. easy there!! I don't understand a thing of what you're saying .. you know what... Tell me everything so i can know if really you were the selfish party" she said comfortingly.
Her eyes had that same pleading look i haven't forgotten when i last saw 'her'.... was this my punishment?