Chapter 1, Be careful what you wish for.

"Will you marry me?" Those four words changed my life in a good way, and a bad way.

"Yes." I had screamed. "Yes Ashton, I will."

The whole store had clapped and cheered as we kissed.

It had been my birthday, and my birthday prescent was a ring. A diamond band that I had fallen in love with at the moment I saw it. It had been my dream to marry Ashton.

I recalled that memory as I walked down the isle. Resplendent in a white wedding gown, with gold trimmings. I felt like a princess.

My father was at my side. We were identical in looks. Both with dark brown hair and ice blue eyes. We were lookers all right. Everyone falls for us.

"Alessandra?" My father whispers. "I can't tell you how proud I am of you."

"Really Dad?" I pretended to mimick him. "Get out of my house you lazy loser!"

He grinned sheepishly. "That was before sweetie. I actually like him now."

"Well thats good." I held the beautiful yellow flowers in my hands, their fragrance filling the air.

"I love you." He handed my off to my fionce Ashton Winters. I gave him a toothy smile as he led me in front of the preist who was marrying us.

Ashtons dark brown hair was comed and gelled, and his green eyes were as dull as they always are. Dull emerald green. I loved them.

"Ali." He nodded trying to hide his smile.

"Ash." I returned making him laugh.

"How did I get lucky?" He asked.

"Hush." I said because the preist had begun.

We said our vows and he said the final words.

"As long as you both shall live?" He asked.

"I do." We answered.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride."

Those were the only words I hated. I was like a free bird, I didn't want to be captured be anyone. But Ashton loved me and I knew he would never keep my contained.

Ash kissed me, he held my hands and the assemble clapped. I looked over to my bridesmaids.

Clara, Sage, and Luna. My best friends. The best man was Ashton's friend Tommy.

Carson was in the assembly. I had felt bad that he couldn't have a part in my wedding but he had been great about it and waved it off.

"I love you Ali." Ash said. Looking me in the eyes.

I walked with him down the isle again. I could feel the eyes of everyone at my back. Especially Carsons. I turned and he was looking right at me. His face a mixture of happiness, and disappointment. Disappointment?