Chapter 9, Hello Mother, Hello Father

"I knew you would use that pepper spray!" Laughed Carson as I told him of a fight I had with some creepy men. I was fourteen.

"Well they followed me and cornered me, so I whipped it out and now they are blind." I said. "Temporarily."

"Thats to bad." Carsin sighed.

"Yeah. Now they will think twice about trying to rape a teenage girl." I said.

"Yeah I bet they didn't expect you to have pepper spray." Carson laughed.

"Alessandra?" My Dad asked as he opened the door. "What are you doing here?"

"Just thought I'd stop by." I said stepping into my Moms hug.

"Why do you have your pepper spray out?" Mom asked.

"No reason." I said, putting it back in my pocket. "Just a little nervous of being out alone."

"Where's you car?" Dad asked.

"Not important." I declared.

"Yes it is." Ma said.

I sighed. "All right. Let me start from the beginning."

I explained everything. From Ashton killing my baby, to Carson leaving. And to the creep I encountered after the bus ride.

"Whoa." Dad said.

"Did you really say Booyah?" Mom asks.

"Is that important?" I laugh. "Yes I did."

"You are really one of a kind, no offense sweetie." Dad chuckles.

"I see no humor in this." Although she was fighting back laughter to. "She almost died!"

"I'm fine Mom." I sigh again.

"I'm sorry for Carson." Mom said. "It didn't get to see him again..." She started to sob.

"Did you get the voice message I sent you?" I ask.

"No." They say in uniosion.

"Damn Ashton." I swear. "He must of cut off my phone before I left." When they looked at me in confusion I added. "He didn't want to pay for it."

"Oh." Mom says.

"Bastard." Dad says.

"What do I do?" I ask, feeling like I'm a kid again. "I think I need to find Carson."

"Well Ali-" Mom starts.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask.

They exchange looks. "Yes." Dad answers.

"Can you tell me?" I stamp my foot impatiantly.

"Well honey he-" I interrupt Mom again..

"I need to know Mom! He is my only chance right now!" I fall into hysterics.

Dad sighed. "She'll find out for herself." He mumbles.

"Heres the address of his Dads new store." Mom hands me a buisness card.

"Thank you."

"Will you stay the night?" Dad asks.

"Of course." I said. "If I can."

They laughed. Mom says, "Its your home sweetie. You can always stay here."