Chapter 7, On the search for my true love

"Lets run away Carson." I sobbed after the bullies at school beat me up.

"No that won't solve anything." Carson said looking at my bruised and bloody face. "Lets go home."

"No they said if I tell anyone I will regret it." I cried.

"Well your face is sort of obvious." Carson said.

"Please can we run away?" I begged.

"Yeah Ali lets run away." Carson then took me to the park and we played all day. At night I got tired and we walked all the way back home.

"Hello Alessandra." My makeup artist Sage said. "What's a matter you look like you've seen a ghost."

"Close to it." I said. "I can't do this movie anymore. Cancel for me."

"But Alessandra?" Sage said. "This is your big break!"

"I-I can't anymore." I said grabbing a peice of paper and scribbled a note to my manager. "Just give this to Steve."

"Okay Ali." She sighed. "Are you quitting all together?"

"I don't know." I said. "Maybe I'll come back in a bit. I have a bit of a family crisis."

"Okay sweetie." She gave me a hug. "I'll see you in a while."

"Wait do you kow where Carson went?" I asked.

"Your son?" Her brow furrowed in confusion.

"No my new assitant."

"Oh I don't know."

"Also can you check my bank account now?" I asked.

"Sure." She typed for a minute. "Theres no money."

I groaned. Just what I thought, Ashton stole it all.

"Is there something going on here?" Sage asked. "You had millions the other day, Did someone rob you?"

"No... not exactly." I stuttered.

"What-"

I cut in. "If Carson comes back can you give him a message?"

"Sure."

"Tell him that it wasn't true." I said walking away.

"What wasn't true?" Sage called.

"That I wanted him to leave, and tell him I love him and I made a mistake." I walked out the door.

Where are you Carson?

I boarded a bus and started the long ride back to my parents house in Florida.

I kept my eyes open the entire time. One because I was scared, and second because there was this creepy guy with dark died black hair and tattoos all over his arms. 

He was always staring at me. And I squirmed under his gaze.

Creeper.

When I had to switch buses he was always there. If he was one of Ashton's lackeys I wish he would just say so and kill me. So I went up to him and sat right ny him. To prove that I wasn't scared even though I was shaking.

"Hey where you headed?" I asked casually.

He eyed me suspicously. "Florida."

"Same." I said.

"Well maybe we'll see eachother again." He said getting up, walking past me and sitting in back of the bus so he could stare at me again.

He's weird. I thought.

....

I got off the bus an hour later. I couldn't rent a car since I had limited money so I walked the rest of the way to my father's store.

"Fancy seeing you here." Someone said from behind me.

I sighed knowing exactly who it was. I turned.

"Hello there." I said to the creepy tattooed guy.

"Hello. Alessandra I presume?" He said.

"Yep." I said.

"Good." He took a step toward me with something glittering in his hand. A knife.