Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Hey Ali?" Carson had asked while I watched him scarff down oreos.

"Yeah?" I said in disgust.

"Why aren't you eating?" He asked.

My stomach ached but I couldn't bring myself to eat. People at school had called me fat two weeks ago and all I had to eat was an apple and some carrot sticks. While I ran and worked out every day.

I shrugged. "Not hungry."

"Don't lie Ali. You haven't ate anything in two weeks." Carson said with worry in his voice. "You can't hide anything from me. I am worried because you are getting skinnier."

I had looked at my stomach. "No I am as fat as hell."

"Ali trust me." Carson said. "You are beautiful, and I don't care what the bullies say, you are not fucking fat! So go eat a cheese burger before I stuff the rest of these oreos down your throat!"

I had just laughed at Carson. And I promised I wouldn't starve myself anymore.

"Wake up sweetie." I heard my Mom's voice. It brought back memories of her waking me up for grade school, and me smelling the sweet scent of maple surup and pancakes.

"Come on Alessandra!" She laughed.

I opened my eyes and smiled. But it faltered as everything came back. Baby Carson, the pepper spray, my search for my love.

"Mom?" I wiped the sleep from my eyes. "Do you think Carson will still love me?"

"I don't know sweeite." Mom's voice shook. She was hiding something. "But I got a hold of his father and I warned him that you where home."

"Gee thanks Mom." I said sarcasticly. Getting up I started to file through my old high school drawers, looking for something appropriate to wear. She left, giggling and I found a black tank and coat, with a pair of skinny jeans I could sqeeze into.

Having a kid didn't make me and skinnier. So I could only hope and do a funny dance to get into them.

"Do they fit Ali?" Mom called down the hall. "Cause if they don't you can borrow a pair of my pants."

I stifiled laughter. My Mom's chubby figure jeans would never fit my tiny legs. But I still had gained weight even though I am still tiny.

"There good Mom!" I said almost walking into my Dad in the hall.

"Oops sorry Ali." He said and then looked me over.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You just look like a teenager again, in those cloths. It took me a minute to realize your not going to highschool anymore." He said.

"Well technically I am." I said. "I'm almost twenty one!"

"Whoa your are so old!" He teased, I got to punch him in the arm but he dodges and runs down the hall.

My parents seem to forget the bad things and try to make everything funny and filled with laughter. That is their best traight.

"ALI!" Mom yelled. "BREAKFAST! HOPE YOU WANT PANCAKES AND EGGS!"

"YES I DO!" I yelled back.

Then I ran down the stairs to more memoriesm triggered by the maple scent and the warmth of my parents voices.

....

"Will you be back tonight?" Mom asked after a breakfast of pancakes.

"I honestly don't know Mom." I said washing the dishes.

"I hope you are. We still have alot of catching up to do." Dad said reading the newspaper. "Hey look at this honey.... my doctor Dr. Brimmer just had a heart attack while opperating a heart transplant."

Mom and I exchanged skeptic glances. But Dad didn't continue.

"Well?" I hinted.

"Well what?" He said.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. "Wasn't to bad. They say he'll be okay."

"Thats good." I grabbed my coat from the rack and pulled it on. "I should be going. Thanks for the money and the help."

"No problem hun." Mom said.

"Hey slugger heads up!" He threw a black opject at me. I catch it instinctvly and its a pair of keys with a heart key chain.

"What's this?" I ask

"Keys." Mom and Dad said in unision.

I roll my eyes. "Well obviously. I mean why are you giving them to me?"

"They are yours sweetie." Dad says. "To the old buggy that you have."

I widened my eyes. "You still have my buggy? The light blue one?"

"Of course." Dad says while Mom says. "Why would we get rid of it?"

"You guys are litteraly amazing!" I said feeling like a kid. "I really apreciate you helping me during this."

"Don't worry about it." Mom says. "Now go and find Carson and he'll help you."

"And don't forget to visit us every once in a while." Dad joked.

"Yep." I said. "Bye Mommy, bye Daddy. Love you."