Chapter 2, I think I lost my best friend.

"I'm going to be at your wedding one day Ali." Carson had said when we were nine years old.

"Oh yeah?" I had laughed. "What makes you think I'll invite you?"

"'Cause I'm 'gonna be the one that marries you." He had smiled.

"Really you'd marry me, why?" I had asked.

"Of course Ali." He promised. "Because I love you."

"Alessandra." Carson said formally as I entered the party.

I was in a midnight blue dress with a single silver necklace, bracelet, and small diamond studs. My dark brown hair was in ringlets and thrown into a fancy pony tail.

"Carson." I nodded. Then I laughed and reached out to hug him.

"You looked beautiful today." His hug was stiff and I knew he was worried about Ashton being mad.

"Why thank you kind sir." I used a British accent. He laughed.

"So what are your plans going to be?" He frowned a little.

"My plans?"

"With Ashton." He looked like he was sick.

"I want to go and live in Los Angelos." I said. "And start my singing and acting career."

"Of course how could I forget you crazy dream?" He chuckled.

I pretended to be hurt. "Just wait. I will be on the big screen!"

"Of course Ali. You always get what you set your mind to." His eyes watered. And I just realized how true that statement was.

"Carson." I realized. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine Alessandra." He snapped. "Just fine."

He turned away and walked out the door of the Country Club into the warm Florida air.

My eyes were suddenly filled with tears. Carson was not fine.

"I find it weird that you say hello to you best friend before your husband." I heard the teasing voice of Ashton.

"Ash!" I whirled around and he caught me. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Har har." He fake laughed. "You look radient."

"I know." I replied making him laugh.

"Your parents are waiting." Ash said guiding me toward my father, Jimmy Crane, and mother Amelia Crane.

They both gave me tight embraces and my Mom gave me a small box.

I eyed her in pretend suspicoucness and she laughed. I opened it and inside was a tiny silver ring. With a pink stones and red stones.

"Its beautiful!" I breathed, putting it on my right hand.

"It was my grandmothers sweetie." She said. "She wanted me to pass it on to whatever child married first.."

"Camden missed out then." I joked. Camden was my older sister. She was twenty three years old. I also had a brother, Tristan who was twenty five. I myself was only ninteen. My birthday was in ten days.

"Yes I guess. And Tristan." Dad said.

"Thank you, both of you." I said.

"Where's Carson?" Mom looked around. "I thought he was here."

"He left." I swalloed.

"Why?" Dad asked.

"I don't know." I lied.

"Well what kind of friend leaves his recently married best friend on her wedding day?" Mom frowned.

The kind of friend who recently had his heart broken. "Maybe he wasn't feeling good."

"Whatever." Dad sighed. "I'll see him at the shop tomorrow." Meaning his carpenter buisness he owned and Carson worked at.

The waitors started serving food to everyone and my already drunk, Uncle Charlie made an embaressing toast to us.

My cheels burned as my father told Charlie to sit down. "Thank god." I whispered to an equally red Ashton.

We ate salmon, steak, and salad. And for desert we had fancy wedding cake.

"Hey sweetie?" My Dad asked as we did the anuall father, daughter dance.

"Yeah pop?" I popped the "p"

"Are you upset that Carson left?"

"A little but I'm okay. He was a little upset to see his best friend get married to someone other then him." It sounded shallow but I was through caring.

"Is that all he was to you? A friend?" Dad asked in a nice tone.

"Yep." I lied. "A friend."

"Your lieing sweetie. I know you."

I rested my head on my Dad's shoulder. "Its to late anyways. He's gone. Don't tell Ash."

"Its never to late. He is just coping, and I know he will come back and always be there for you like he always has been. . And I will never tell Ashton." He promised.

"Thanks Daddy." I said as we swayed to my the slow version of my favorite song, "Your so far away from me."