Chapter 5, My baby is gone and so is my husband.

"I'm going to summer school Ali." Carson said to me when we were eleven.

"I wonder why? You always behave in class!" I said sarcasticly.

"Shut up smarty." Carson punched me playfully.

I laughed. "Will the summer school let you pass this year?"

"Yes." Carson's eyes sparkled. "I will make it so."

"I'll miss you." I hugged him.

"And I'll miss you Ali." Carson hugged me back.

"SWEETIE DID YOU PICK UP CARSON TODAY?" I yelled as I entered the house. I meant my son, not Carson Rowan.

"Yes he's in his room." He growled back. I jumped. He was right behind me.

"Crap! You scared me Ashton." I laughed, then faltered when I saw his expression.

"I saw you with that man today." He grabbed my arm.

"Ow!" I tried to yank out of his grip. "Ashton your hurting me!"

"I don't care." His dull eyes glitered dangerously. "And you are now paying."

"What do you mean..." I said and saw his smile. "Oh my God, Carson..."

"Its to late." He said.

I stopped breathing and ran up the stairs, Ashton's laughter echoing through the house.

I saw a small bundle on Carson's bed. Tears fell from my eyes. No... my baby.

I grabbed Carson's body and felt his pulse. Nothing.

"No..." I moaned. "No you can't be..."

His blue eyes were dull and staring at the ceiling. I sobbed over his body.

"Maybe this will teach you not to go behind my back." Ashton said.

"Please tell me you didn't torture him...." I cried.

Ashton came and pulled back Carson's shirt. On his stomach and back were black and purple bruises and large gashes.

"You-you monster!" I screamed pushing him back.

"I'm warning you." Ashton grabbed my arm.

"How could you k-kill your own son!" I sobbed at the pain from my arm.

"Shh." He said. "Alessandra be quiet. At least your older Carson is gone to."

I stopped. "You killed him to?"

He laughed. "No. I left a message for him saying he's fired. He called me and now he's moved somewhere else."

"I hate you!" I screamed as loud as I could, hoping the neighbors would hear.

"Shut up you-" He slapped my head so hard I fell into darkness. The last thing I heard was his mad laughter, and I thought about how I would never see either Carson's now.