Chapter 29

SOOOOOO, I think this might be longish! (I hope!) And there's a lot of alternating between Rosalynn and Alexander's POVs (sorry about that) but it's sort of necessary!! I want this chapter to get a lot of votes/comments/fans??????? because i really felt like i put a lot into this!!!!! and this is describing what Protectors are and etc. because i don't think i said enough about that. well, enjoy!!! :D

_______________________________________

CHAPTER 29

.ALEXANDER.

APRIL 27th 2:08PM . . .

            That voice.

            My fist was poised a hair away from Kyle’s disgusting face. A smug look was plastered on his cocky face. That bastard! My muscles bunched and tensed; screw it, I was going to bust him up!

            “Alexander,” the girlish, yet dominant voice warned.

            I huffed exasperatedly and threw him off to the side, taking satisfaction in the clatter of his collision with the dinner table.

            “Come.”

            Sheepishly, I followed her small figure. Was that all she had to say? Probably not, according to the tight fists by her side. I was going to get a long lecture. Embarrassment was already coloring my face.

            I jumped as the door slammed behind me. Reluctantly, I trailed behind her cowardly.

            “Get in,” she demanded.

            I winced at her cold tone, but nonetheless, I got into the passenger side. She revved the engine and gave me the cold shoulder until we pulled up at an abandoned park.

            “What the hell was that, Alexander?” she griped.

            I shrugged stupidly. “I don’t know, Rosalynn. I just . . . well, I don’t like seeing you cry. It . . . it hurts me too.”

            A startled gasp escaped her parted lips. “W-what?”

            My eyes flashed to her amber ones, sparkling with hope and innocence. I gulped down my doubts and fears.

            Clearing my throat, I replied, “I can’t stand to see you hurt, Rose. It . . . it kills me. It’s crazy how badly it hurts.”

            The shock was evident on her face. I wondered if she understood the double meaning in my sentence. A blush claimed her smooth cheeks; she did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.ROSALYNN.

APRIL 27th 2:21PM . . .

            I felt my face heat at his words. Did Alexander really get what he was saying? The powerful green gaze of his eyes spoke the obvious; he knew. He knew every single little thing he was admitting to.

            When I was about to say something, he continued:

            “Rose, I . . . I have the weirdest feeling of possession over you. I can’t stand to watch another guy watch you or . . . or touch you. When I see you . . . my day feels so much better. I think . . .”

            My breath caught in my throat; he wasn’t going to say what I thought he was going to say, was he?

            “I think . . . Well, I don’t know what I think. I have this crazy need to protect you.