Chapter 25

Well this chapter just came to me, so I wanted to upload! Hope you enjoy. And yes, it's VERY shocking. **mysterious face** Enjoy! And do I really have to remind you guys to vote, comment, and fan?? You know you wanna ;] Haha, okay, Enjoy!!!! :D

______________________________________

.ELIZA.

APRIL 5th 3:42PM . . .

            My phone jangled and I grabbed it, putting to my ear immediately.

            “Hello?” I asked.

            “Mission accomplished. She totally fell for it,” he replied.

            A smirk grew on my face. “Good.”

            “What would you like me to do next, boss?”

            “Shower her with gifts and gentleness,” I stopped to shudder, “And then, Break. Her. Heart.”

            Kyle chuckled menacingly. “Finally, something that doesn’t include acting like a dumbass.”

            I laughed at his remark. He’d been playing the stupid jock role since he’d move to this damned city. We were on the mission together, and it was his job to help me rid of Alexander in the end.

            “I have to go,” I said in a businesslike tone as the door slammed shut.

            Kyle growled. “Is that moron there?”

            I rolled my eyes at Kyle’s possessiveness. “Yeah, okay, I must go. We’ll speak later, yes?”

            “Of course.” Then Kyle added, “I love you.”

            My heart melted. It’d been so long since he’d uttered those three words. The last time we had time together was a year ago, when I was left Alexander for a “top secret assignment.” Kyle was my first everything; first love, first kiss, first time. I’d never fallen out of love with him, but because of the requirements of the mission, we’d drifted. And I’d grown attached to Alexander.

            “I love you, too,” I murmured back.

            We would’ve ran away together, but the DTSA put us on an assignment before we could. After all, the DTSA disapproved of relationships. That’s putting it lightly. Anyone who decided to have any sort of mutual partnership was immediately killed. The only reason I was alive was because that this “partnership” with Alexander was part of the job description.

            I hung up the phone and shoved it in my pocket. Alexander huffed from the doorway; he seemed really upset.

            “Who was that?” His tone light.

            Pain lanced my heart; it was unbearable how he trusted me.

            “The ‘rents,” I lied easily.

            Alexander nodded and sat down next to me. He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. I rubbed his shoulder.

            “What’s wrong?” I asked tentatively.

            He shook his head, unwilling to talk. “I’m just . . . tired.”

            I nodded my head like I understood, but I was suspicious. He was hiding something from me — and we never hid stuff from each other . . . Well, I did, but that was different. I was supposed to lie. Alexander wasn’t.

            What was it that he was hiding from me?