Chapter 11

. Alexander .

March 26th 3:34PM . . .

            Aw crap, was the first thought that entered my head.

            How could I have let myself screw up like that? I glanced at Rosalynn; she was shaking. She looked so confused and afraid. This girl could not be part of the DTSA.

            “Nothing,” I said.

            “T-tell me . . . Please?”

            I glared at her menacingly, and she gave a small yelp. The sound was as piercing as Eliza’s screams when we met. It made my head hurt unbearably.

            Bravely, Rosalynn asked, “Alexander, what’s . . . what’s wrong?”

            I gazed at her. She had amber eyes, the exact same color as Eliza’s hair. Thick, but nearly invisible, blonde lashes framed them nicely. Her blonde hair wavered above the small of her back. Her pink lips were full, like a toddler’s; they were too big for her face, but it just added to her innocent beauty. She had a tiny nose, kind of like Eliza’s. Rosalynn was average in height, but it didn’t affect her grace.

            “What’s wrong?” she asked again, finding her voice.

            “YPS?” I asked automatically.

            “What?”

            I bit my tongue. “Nothing, nothing!”

            She flinched, but held her ground.

            “C’mon, tell me,” She persisted. “You won’t die if you do,” Rosalynn added jokingly.

            Oh, but wouldn’t I?

            “No, I can’t.”

            “Alexander . . .”

            “Nothing,” I hissed harshly. “Just go. I have to get back to Eliza.”

            “Who?”

            Picturing Eliza, I smiled and sighed contently. “My girlfriend.”

            “Oh, that’s sweet,” Rosalynn said. I was confused as she wrinkled her brow. Her frustration unnerved me, but I didn’t question her further.

            “Are you sure that these drawings are nothing but drawings?” I said briskly, waving the book in her face.

            “Yes, yes! Now can I have it back?”

            I gazed at her, long and hard, until I was positive she was telling the truth. I huffed and handed her the sketchpad. She grabbed it and clutched it to her heart.        

            “That’s important to you, huh?”

            “Totally,” she answered solemnly. After a few moments, she blushed. I realized it was because she thought I would've taken it in a way that would make her seem attracted to me.

            I cleared my throat and harrumphed. After a few moments, I said, “Well, I’d better go . . .”

            She nodded silently and turned around. I watched her for a second then walked the other direction. When I started to speed up, Rosalynn called my name.

            “Yes?”

            “. . . Your girlfriend . . . be careful . . .” she said softly.

            I got upset; she shouldn’t be suspicious of Eliza. I grumped again and shoulder my backpack and stalked away like a ghost.

This girl was so confusing. She made me feel hate and suspicion . . . yet her brave acts made me admire her, made me feel things toward her. These feelings frustrated me; I was with Eliza, but this awkward person made me feel . . . feel more. And it scared the living hell out of me.