Chapter 15

Enjoy! Could you also vote? And comment? Thanks! =] I <3 you all, dear readers!

_____________________________________________

ROSALYNN.

MARCH 27th 11:06AM . . .

I trembled. Eliza scared the crap out of me. That was all I could say; she'd frightened me beyond imaginable, to the point where I used elementary words. My heart was beating impossibly fast, knowing that my murderer was steps behind me. And what was all those incredible moves? She'd moved faster than the speed of light!

I resisted the urge to glance behind me. Instead, I marched with confidence I didn't have, and plopped myself down next to Alexander. After gazing for a millisecond at his face, I knew I was going to tell him what happened, despite how he'd react.

"Hey!" I said a bit too fast.

Alexander, whom I referred to as Xander in my mind, nodded. "Hi. Umm, has Eliza told you why you're sitting with us?"

I stopped the shiver running down my spine and shook my head slowly. "No . . . what's going on ?"

He gulped. Suddenly, a perfectly manicured hand patted his wrist. It was Eliza's. I gulped as well. Xander seemed to notice.

"Hey, don't worry. We're just going to tell you the truth," he said in an even tone.

"Crap, don't tell me that you're related to me?!" I blurted out. Immediately, I blushed and stared at the table. I started to giggle. "Just kidding. Did I break the tension?"

Phew! That was a close.

Xander and Eliza chuckled. He replied, "Yeah. Okay, now seriously. Ummm, Eliza and I are part of the YPS, the Youth Protector Society."

Eliza added, "Technically, we save people. I'm Alexander's protector, of course." She giggled. I nearly barfed; she was the complete opposite of what she just said. And here she was sitting and laughing like nothing was wrong.

Xander laughed with her. "Ouch. I can protect too, y'know. We just don't know who I'm protecting, that's all."

He continued. "And we're running from the DTSA. It's the Destroy The Savers Agency. They don't like the term Protector, since they think it's a title too worthy for us. Anyways, there job is to eliminate all YPS agents."

I gasped. My eyes widened as I realized something; Eliza was part of the DTSA. She was going to eliminate Alexander!!!

"Don't worry, though," he reassured me, "Eliza and I can handle ourselves."

"Why are you telling me," I managed to whisper.

His glimmering green eyes grew dark. "Because, you already knew too much. Both me and Eliza had let our tongues slip . . . And I'd rather tell you beforehand then to let you guess and get angry at the both of us."

I couldn't help smile at his nobility. "Oh. Well, that's very noble. And I'm willing to listen. Shoot."

Xander grinned. "Well, okay. Ummm, we're both on our own. Once in while, the YPS sends us a letter. Our mission this time is to find the person I'm supposed to protect. We were supposed to find that person around the age of thirteen and look at me! I'm already sixteen!"

He kept talking, but I was stuck on "sixteen". That meant that he was close enough to my age that we could date. I blushed. Yeah, sure, he's in the same grade, but you'd be surprised of how many kids in my grade are seventeen, even eighteen!

"So yeah . . . Are you scared?" he asked fidgetedly.

I shook my head. "Not really. Just processing. This is a lot to consume y'know. But, yeah. And I'll help you find your protect . . . protectee? Is that what they'd call it?"

He shook his head, smiling. "No, the YPS just called them assignments, but I prefer what you said better."

I smiled softly and blushed.

Eliza suddenly jumped back into the conversation and whispered something into his ear. I shuddered; the thought of her so close to him made me quake with fear. Xander's eyes melted as she pulled away. He looked at her gratefully.

"Hey, Rosalynn?"

"Yeah? And call me Rose," I said sweetly.

He grinned. "Rose. Guess what? Eliza's going to teach you some stuff about the YPS and DTSA so I can do my job! Isn't that great? You guys are going to spend so much time together!"

I gulped and croaked, "Great. Just great."

Eliza smirked evilly. My heart beat quickened. I knew I had to tell Alexander ASAP. Before she killed me. I'm going to spend most of my time with my murderer. Great. Just great.

UGH.