Nineteen ~ Strength's Sanction

Deep is the

Well.

Strong is the

Rope.

Vital, the

Task.

The next day, with all his relatives helping in some way or other, they began to enlarge the town. Their goal was to turn it into a real city.

As our hero was walking down the street, on his way to a meeting, pondering the recent developments, his Sage reappeared. This conversation followed:

"So, you're well into your journey and you still have no name."

"It appears so, oh Sage."

"Would you like one?"

"Well, my relatives want to make me the mayor and I think a mayor should have a name..."

"Shall I bestow a name?"

"Please!"

"You shall be called Paul since you have traveled so well and gained such vision."

It sounded to Paul like his Sage knew something Paul had no idea about but he liked the name (not what he was called in the normal world) and decided to keep it.

His Sage disappeared.

Since Paul had so many helpers, he also had some time to contemplate. Sure, he'd done some pondering in the past but now he was really Contemplating.

What did he think about?

About how much more real he felt having all these other people around him. He still knew the reality and value of his own individual being but, with their ideas and his ideas... My, my, what they could accomplish!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a vote...

If you can't wait for me to put all 64 chapters here (two per week), head over to nfaa.wordpress.com and look in the left side-bar to download a free copy of the whole story---that side-bar also has a free book of poetry, a free novel, and a free collection of fantasy stories :-) {NOTE: if you're on your phone, you'll have to use your general "Menu" button and find something like "Request Desktop Site" to see the left side-bar :-)

Next two Chapters on Thursday (USA-time), March 31st :-)