Chapter 12: Secrets Are Out

"Alice?"

     "Alice, sweetie, we're home now."

     I was shooken awake by Hannah. The car was now stopped and we were parked in front of the house. 

     What was that? Was it a dream? No. It was too real. I felt like I was really there. But it couldn't have been real. No. That's impossible. It was just a dream. A very real-like dream, but still just a dream.

     "Alice, sweetheart? Are you okay?"

     "Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry," I said as I leaned up, taking in the real world. I opened the car door and jumped out of the truck, making sure to grab my bag as I went. I then walked up to the door of my home.

~                         ~                        ~

     "Alice! Dinner!"

     "Coming!"

     Dinnertime. This is it. This is when I tell them. But will they believe me? I hope so...

     I stood up from my bed and walked towards my door. Once out of my room I headed down the stairs to the kitchen where the smell of straight-out-of-the-oven food was spreading. I sat down at the table, waiting anxiously in my seat. Hannah and Joshua soon joined me, Hannah handing me a plate in the process.

     "Alice? Is there something on your mind? You seem a little out of it." Joshua said.

     Well, it's now or never.

     "Well, you know my sister I told you about?..."