Chapter 8: First day at school

"Kazuto! Get up! It's our first day of school!" I heard a knock at my door.

I sat up and yawned. "Already morning?" It felt a little wrong not being in my own bed but dang, these beds felt like heaven. I rubbed my eyes and staggered out of my bed.

I opened my huge closet and found a fancy school uniform. We get to wear these? How fancy is this school?!

I put it on and looked in the mirror. It had red plaid pants and a black jacket. Under the jacket was a white shirt that had a plaid tie. Similar to the girls' it was lined with gold fabric and had gold lined pockets. The school's symbol was embroidered near the shoulder of the jacket.

"Hey Kazuto! Hurry up!" Sugu's voice hollered.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming," I said. I brushed my hair a little and walked out of my room to see Sugu in her uniform waiting for me.

"Took you long enough," she mumbled. We went to the dinning hall again for breakfast.

"Good morning!" Mrs. Nanase said warmly, "Your breakfast is on the table."

"Thank you," both me and Sugu said. We sat at the spots with our food.

"Excited for school?" Kizumi asked. Sugu nodded and beamed as if she didn't care about her old school life. My expression just darkened and I didn't say a word.

"What's wrong, Kazuto?" Akiko asked.

"N-nothing. Don't w-worry about it..." I so badly wanted to see my friends that it hurt. Just looking at another girl made my heart wrench.

After breakfast we were taken to school in a limousine. Kizumi explained that they don't usually ride one to school it's just since it's our first day Mrs. Nanase thought we should do something special. When we got there Sugu went with Kizumi, since their both second years, and I followed Akiko since we're both third years. 

Lots of people were looking at us with curious stares. It made me uncomfortable so I went to the other side of Akiko. I noticed that the school was called "Kawajima Private High"  since we were in Kawajima. 

"The office is over there," Akiko pointed, "You can get your schedule there." 

I nodded and headed over there. Akiko started following but was stopped by some guys.

"Hey there, sugar. You alone?" one of them asked.

"Uhh..well..I'm w-" she started to say but one of the guys grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to the wall, towering over her.

"Sure doesn't look like it," he said. He looked like the leader of their group. He had dirty blonde hair and a handsome face, you could say. He grinned down eyeing Akiko.

"No! Stop!" he started touching her in her "sensitive" spots. He snickered.

When I couldn't take it any longer, I burst in and yelled, "Hey! Don't touch her, you bastards!"

"And what are you going to do, Newbie?" He mocked. I gathered up my anger and punched him on the cheek as hard as I could. He stumbled back a little, rubbing his cheek.

"You little-!" he got ready to punch me back but a girl- she looked like a senior -tapped him on the shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing, Liam? Haven't I told you before?" she looked disappointed. I wondered if maybe she was his girlfriend. She had ginger hair that twirled at the ends.