Chapter 6: New Home

*Kirito's POV*

Yesterday I had announced to everyone that me and Sugu were leaving. It was a very depressing day yesterday, and the next few days will be even more hard.

It still wasn't decided what to do with the house, but it belonged to us and Sugu said she wanted to keep it. We were leaving for our new home after aunt Midori's funeral. It was in a few days so we had some time to do stuff before we left. Tomorrow me and Sugu were hosting a get together with all of our friends at Agil's shop, Dicey Cafe. It was our last chance to say goodbye to all of them, well, except probably Asuna who will say goodbye before we go.

~At the party~

Although we were partying away, the atmosphere felt more sad and solemn than usual. Nobody looked like they were enjoying it to the fullest. I had to mostly fake smile and laugh because really, I was nervous and stressed, more or less depressed.

Asuna came over to me and said, "I never expected this to happen..."

"Lighten up a bit, we're at a party," I tried to lighten her gloomy expression.

"But it's so hard!" She said as her tears threatened to fall.

I wrapped her into a hug and ran my hand through her long hair. A sharp pain flared through my body. I gritted my teeth to stop myself from crying.

"I don't want to leave, Asuna,"

"I-I know that, just..." She snuggled tighter into my chest, "Why do you have to leave?"

"It'll be alright, you can visit me on the weekends," I said.

"The weekends?! I'll hardly see you!" she walked out of my embrace, her hazel eyes filled with tears. Then she walked past me to the back and opened a door that was the closet.

"Asuna!" I called to her but I didn't hear anything.

"Hey! Kirito! what's up man?" Klein came over to me, but I didn't answer.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a concerned face. I looked away as a lump started to form in my throat.

He turned his head so he was looking at me. "What happened?" 

"Nothing! None of your business! Just leave me alone!!" I yelled at him. The room went silent. Everyone seemed to stop what they were doing and look at us.

Klein stood there speechless, not knowing what to do. I was breathing heavily and my tears almost fell. I felt like doing the same thing as Asuna. I almost considered going in that closet with her, but she needed some alone time. And to be honest, so did I.

I walked to the door and opened it to walk out, but someone said, "Kazuto?"

I recognized it as Sugu's voice. I stopped but didn't turn around.

"It's gonna be okay. You don't need to run away, just stay here. Trust m-!" At that moment I bolted out the door, my tears falling. I needed to get away from here. I needed to get away from everyone. Not caring where I was running to, I tripped and fell.

"Why...why do things keep happening? Why can't it all be the same?" I cried into the sidewalk. I heard footsteps behind me. And then someone lifted me up, or at least tried to, and hugged me from the back.

"I'm sorry," she said, her arms around my neck. I turned around still in her arms and faced her. Asuna tried to smile but I could tell she was still not okay. I tucked her into a tight hug.

"Why? I should be the one saying sorry," I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Well...while I was in that closet I heard everything and I felt like I was the reason you out bursted like that so I went and chased after you," she said.

"I mean, you were kind of the reason but.." I played with my fingers. 

Asuna giggled, "That's fine, I'm just glad I found you."

She brang her lips to mine and we kissed passionately. When we parted she said, "When you go away, promise me something."

"What?"

"Promise me that you won't fall for anyone at your new school, or anywhere else. Your heart belongs to me," she said looking directly at me.

"Of course. I'd never love anyone else, I promise." I said touching my forehead to Asuna's.

***

~A few days later~

I thought about the funeral as I looked out the window of the moving van. I mainly stayed out of everything there. The conversations, the gatherings, the mourning, basically anything social. Suguha, however, chatted with just about everyone. She even made a friend.

"Akiko is really nice. And she's your age!" Sugu kept going on about her new friend.

"Sugu, we're moving in with her. Besides, I think I remember her from my childhood. We were childhood friends."

"Oh yeah! And she has that cute little brother, remember?" I could see a little red on her cheeks.

"Of course I do. I think he's about your age as well," I smirked at her.

"Eeeek!" Sugu fangirled for a moment. "I wonder what he looks like now? Is he hot? Why didn't I see him at the funeral? Mysterious!"

I smiled at my cousin. Then my smile wavered as I thought about my promise to Asuna. No matter what I cannot  fall in love with anyone. No one at all.

When we got out of the moving van we thanked the driver and told him to haul our stuff in. Then I took a look at the house.

"Whoa!" Sugu said. The house was huge. It looked about three stories high and it had tons of windows. I wasn't expecting it to be this big.

Sugu looked at me with a big grin on her face. "Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!"