Chapter 14: Love Hurts

*Kazuto's POV*

I watched as Asuna ran down the hall. Her chestnut hair swished as she went. I pulled out my phone as I waited.

Suddenly I heard footsteps in the hall and looked up from my phone. Akiko was walking towards me, still limping slightly from the healing sprain. She placed a pleased look on her face as our eyes met.

"Akiko? What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, just passing by. I needed to get to my room, and just by coincidence, I found you," She answered.

"Hmm..okay.." I said suspiciously. I didn't exactly trust that this was by coincidence.

"So, where's Asuna?" She asked, looking into my eyes.

"Uh, you know her name?" I looked at the wall trying to avoid eye contact.

"Well, yeah, I was there when she first came in," She said in a somewhat bossy tone. "Now where is she?"

"She went to the bathroom," I pointed down the hall. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught her smirking.

"Oh, ok. Until she comes back, I can keep you company," Akiko walked over and stood next to me. I felt uncomfortable and inched away. She frowned.

Minutes went by of awkward silence. I silently prayed that Asuna would come back soon. Akiko kept glancing at me weirdly, making me even more nervous. 

"Uh..what's--" I started but was cut off by the bathroom door opening. That's when Akiko lurched at me and grabbed my arm. She pressed her lips against mine just as Asuna walked out.

My eyes widened to full extent. I tried to pull away, but her grip was too strong and it seemed as if our lips were sealed together. I couldn't move.

She smiled a bit and closed her eyes. I was seriously disgusted as I felt her tongue try to enter my mouth. I couldn't even look back to see Asuna.

*Asuna's POV*

When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw another girl with Kazuto. It was the girl from earlier with the purple hair. Then I noticed something that made me stop in my tracks. A wave of disbelief washed over me as I stared.

The girl was kissing Kazuto. And what did I see? The black haired boy didn't seem to pull away, much less notice me. The two stayed there for what seemed like eternity. Atleast, I didn't get the chance to see what happened next as I was running away. 

I sprinted down the opposite way of where they were standing. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I sobbed. How could Kazuto do this to me? I really thought we could make up and go back to normal...

I knew that that girl was trouble. The moment she looked at me when we passed earlier I didn't trust her. I instantly regretted choosing to use the bathroom. But at the same time, I was almost relieved. Well, now I know that he's cheating on me, I thought while rubbing my eyes. That just triggered me to burst out crying again.

I searched for somewhere to go. A few doors down, I found an empty closet.

When I was in, I closed the door and sat against the wall. I scrunched my knees up and wrapped my arms around them. Then I buried my face in them.

It muffled my crying a little. I was too upset to even think. Though, all that was on my mind was questions of why I deserved this.

My life was horrible. First, Kazuto had to move away. Second, I was forced to go to a college. And third, now this? Why does my life have to be like this.

*Back to Kazuto's POV*

I finally reached the point where I couldn't take it any longer and pushed her away. I looked behind me and saw Asuna running away.