Chapter two: Mottos

Chase's POV
I don't get this lion. She calls me someone I don't even know. Like that's weird. Though, if I can be a part of the guard, I wonder if I can earn these guys trusts. Ono, the bird, is giving me an evil glance. What?! It's not like I stole your wings dude! The she-lion speaks again. I must have missed something, because she was way out of topic. " Huh?" I asked. She looked at me. " Do you have a motto, Chasey wasey?" She asked. What the heck! I thought she was only giving me one nickname!

I don't want to be called Chasey wasey! What am I, a duck? Instead of throwing out my anger, I swallowed, and answered the question. " Do I need one?" I replied with a question. " Yes! You do!" She insisted, fluffing out her pelt.

I sighed. " Don't worry! She made all of us do it!" Bunga said, with a smile. " Mine is' Till the Pridelands end: Lion Guard defend!" Kion spoke up, his left fore paw in the air. " Mine is Zuka Zoma!" Bunga said. " I don't need one. But she insists that I have one!" Ono said, refusing to look at me.

" Yah. She insist that me and Fuli should have one. By the way, never ask her what her motto is!" Beshte informed. " Yah. Never ever ask!" Said Pumbaa, who appeared out of no where. " What is it?" I asked, more curious than scared. She smirked. Uh, that might have been a wrong decision, I decided.

" Well I have several!" She barked. " Wanna hear them all?" She asked, her tail swinging like a baseball bat. " Uh no!" I cawed. She ignored me. " Chase is life! Yah! Ooo oh oh oh Chase is life! Yah!" Then she burst into something that sounded like she was trying to sing them all in one.

" Oh oh oh oh oh! Try everything! Oh oh oh oh oh! Try everything!" Then Rafiki, a monkey, came up and said, " Shut up!" Thank goodness! I thought I would have to do that one myself.