Chapter sixteen: All out

Caroline's POV
We all were helping a badger out of a mud pit and boy was he as chatty as Bunga. Luckily when I told the guard they didn't freak out. Well at least Ono, Bunga, and Fuli. Man she never is worried about me it seems.

Suddenly out of no where Shadow and his little outclanners appear. A paw reached out to me, but I slapped it. I heard a hiss from a hell hound and I knew it was success.

I heard a caw. Or a screech. It was Chase. And not the Davenport kind. Shadow had his jaws firmly on her. He bit down and she fell limp. Bushes shook and Night jumped out into the open. She sank her teeth into Shadows scruff and started shaking him like that dog did to Bluestar.

Shadow didn't let go, instead he kicked the she thing in the guts. Like that looked like it hurt. Jasiri comes out of no where and Dogo. They race over to help but they end up unconscious. And I hope chase is too.

I pounced on the nearest hell dogs tail and they raced away. They were blocking me from Shadow! I pounced again and again and little by little I reached Shadow. I forgot one thing though, the other hell thing.

The dog thing pounced, right on my head. I could hear a Janja but then nothing more, or at least heard. When did Janja get here?