2--Renegade

Slade didn't even try to get to know me.

He made it very clear that he was not my father. I was his slave and he was my master. If I called him anything other than that, he would beat me. I guess, if I did anything wrong, he'd hurt me too. I think he enjoyed it. A creature crying out in pain while he crushed it under his foot. I didn't only do work for him, he made me his apprentice, said I was his protege. He taught me how to kill, to tolerate pain, to forget my emotions.

"Renegade," a voice said in my ear. It was Slade in my com. He could talk to me whenever and wherever he wanted to. He usually didn't let me out of the house, if you can even call it that. It's more of an underground lab. My room was a cell and I had almost forgotten what real sunlight looked like. Even if I did go out, it was under the cover of night. And usually I was sent to steal something or kill someone.

"Yes Master?" I answers, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"We need to do a few more tests. Come up to the lab now."

"Yes. Master. Right away," I answered. I stood up from my bed and left my cell. The door only opened if Slade allowed it to. I couldn't even eat if I disobeyed him. The door would just simply seal shut and not even an explosive could penetrate it. Believe me, I tried.

I knew the entire building layout so well that I could make it anywhere through the building blindfolded. The lab was on the third or top floor, the only on above ground. My cell was on the first, underground so far I would usually be shivering. A couple assassins would cross my path, but they mostly ignored me. With my orange and black outfit and domino mask, no one talked to me. I was fine with that. I hated talking. Probably since half the time I opened my mouth, someone would hit me.

I guessed that the scientists were testing another drug on me. I hated the drugs, but what could I do? If I resisted, I would just get hurt. The problem is, the drug testings weren't always consistent. I suffered from horrible withdrawl half the time. If I complained, Slade told me to suck it up and made me train even harder then normal that day. If I broke my arm or sprained my ankle, I wasn't allowed to take a break. With every bone I broke, the harder he attacked. With every cut, he got faster.

I entered the lab, no emotion shown on my face, my mouth firmly shut. Deathstroke stood in the corner, hidden in the shadows. I didn't stop to ask questions. I knew what I was to do. I layed down on the table and the scientists surrounding me. I felt a small prick and I knew the tests had started.

Everything went black and white and the room spun in front of my eyes. I closed them with an inaudible groan. A small headache was forming in the back of my head.

Just a few more hours, I thought. A few more hours, and this will all be over..